• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: William Winckler Productions Announces English Dubs for 3 More Ultraman Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Can't see this as good news. The dub for Ultraman X The Movie was beyond horrid... Wooden acting, stilted dialogue, and a dubbing and mixing job that was state-of-the-art for a low budget 1972 production.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
A very impressive cast, but was an English audio version of a live-action Tokusatsu show like Ultraman really what people were asking for? Confused
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 am Reply with quote
Its nice that were getting more Ultraman shows and movies legally here between this and Crunchyroll.

Also I just of something. When the article says, "The company confirmed with ANN that Tsuburaya is planning to release the films with William Winckler Productions' English dub and subtitles in a "high end" package of six movies." Counting the three Zero movies we have here and the Ginga S and X movies that they already did that's five out of six movies. Does mean that William Winckler Productions is planning to do the Orb movie too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1