• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kunihiko Ikuhara's Original TV Anime Sarazanmai Reveals Character Designs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it will be as gay as YOI.

The manga spin-off will be published on BL magazine? Well 10Dance is published in seinen magazine so I think they should publish this spin-off outside BL magazine for broader audience.

Sorry for my bad english.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 am Reply with quote
As gay as YOI? I'm hoping more so, since Ikuhara's been pushing the envelope since the 90s.

I've been waiting for him to bring his trademark level of gay to a series with male leads (since Penguindrum had other priorities), but I have this sinking suspicion that these two are being announced ahead of the actual female lead (or leads).
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
Please be BL! hype.
Calico

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
I've been waiting for him to bring his trademark level of gay to a series with male leads (since Penguindrum had other priorities), but I have this sinking suspicion that these two are being announced ahead of the actual female lead (or leads).

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced that these are the actual protagonists either. Right now I'm thinking that they're decoys meant to throw us off. "Key to the show's plot" doesn't mean that they're main characters either. They could end up dying in the first episode and the rest of the series is dedicated to solving their murders.

On another note, has anyone found out what Migi's previous work as an illustrator has been? I tried looking them up, but I got nothing but results from Parasyte.

Edit: I found their twitter here.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Scanning the aforementioned twitter, I found confirmation that this duo are indeed debuting ahead of the main characters. Which can be taken to mean both that they aren't the real MCs, and that the real MCs will be introduced later.

Which has succeeded in making made me really curious what Ikuhara's playing at this time.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
Which has succeeded in making made me really curious what Ikuhara's playing at this time.

After Yurikuma Arashi, anything's possible... Cool
meronichan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I'm glad we finally have some visuals, despite that these two aren't the leads (I have a feeling they're the 'otters' in disguise, or at least one of them is, judging by his sharp teeth).
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 pm Reply with quote
The boys are cute. The fujoshi in my anime club is going to be very excited for this. Cool
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
As gay as YOI? I'm hoping more so, since Ikuhara's been pushing the envelope since the 90s.

im pretty sure the main character is a guy. in the trailers, there were 3 male gender bathroom symbols and now two guys were revealed. the third character is most likely going to be a guy. otherwise, he would have used the female bathroom symbol as he had with other anime to represent female characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1