• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Night Blood Anime's Promo Video Reveals October 3 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty bad even for otome crap standards.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Huh, I was thinking the opposite. Considering they have so many otome artists on board, the art style doesn't look bad, it actually looks decent and the action scenes look like they have budget too.

I'm honestly surprised.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
So now Nobunaga Oda is a vampire now?
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:31 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Huh, I was thinking the opposite. Considering they have so many otome artists on board, the art style doesn't look bad, it actually looks decent and the action scenes look like they have budget too.

I'm honestly surprised.

Yes, I also think this looks better than I had expected from the key visual. Of course my expectations were already very low and I don't expect particularly good animation (definitely not throughout the entire show) but at least the characters look decent, even if the anime art doesn't begin to do justice to the art in the game. (By the way it's only the game that has many otome game artists on board, the anime has consolidated the various designs into a mostly consistent style.)

I don't expect anything from this show, but as I'm playing the game and finding it lots of fun (even though currently I'm very disappointed for not getting the 5* Masamune card in the latest event) I'll definitely be watching... I just hope it's going to be fun.
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:11 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
otome crap

Your opinion sounds really un-biased and valuable! Thanks for taking the time to share that with us!
Wahappen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
The animation quality is terrible. I was hoping the fighting scenes can be at least as good as Sengoku Basara(ok joke that a bit too much) but.... even Hakuoki's animation beats this.

Come on all their artists must be lmao-ing. Gathering all the top-tier Otomate artists and the animation turned out like a redrawn potato, I feel so bad for them.
whoever's in charge of the character design should commit seppuku, they have dishonored those awesome artists Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1