• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo's Iwata Honored with Once-A-Year Unlockable Switch Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
We miss you Iwata-san TT.TT
Mad respect for Nintendo for that easter egg!
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow is that a complicated easter egg to trigger.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
It should noted this is an unconfirmed RUMOR. It screams fake in so many ways but no one can really prove it unless they get a new Switch. So far this one guy has made unverifiable claims. The video itself isn't too hard to fake - people have managed to get many things to display on Switch's screen that normally shouldn't be able to.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
It should noted this is an unconfirmed RUMOR. It screams fake in so many ways but no one can really prove it unless they get a new Switch. So far this one guy has made unverifiable claims. The video itself isn't too hard to fake - people have managed to get many things to display on Switch's screen that normally shouldn't be able to.

The code and emulator being in the firmware is something that many multiple people have verified dumping their own from their switches, the only thing that's not verified is precisely how to get it to start. Just the fact that it's Golf (and only Golf) that was built in leads to this explanation as the most likely reason, so rather than screaming fake as you claim is screams "extremely probable".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1