• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub for Wonder Egg Priority Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Figured it would get a dub eventually, probably just moved it back to make sure the release schedule is more consistent. Excited to check this out now that we have a bit of a wait for the finale, Mikaela Krantz is such a good choice!

Also, I don't envy the ADR scriptwriter here, as I'm sure people (even just those who watch a random clip on twitter) are going to run through it with a fine tooth comb. I have a ton of faith in Kristen McGuire (Kono Oto and Kakushigoto had great adaptive writing), so while I can't remember if she's worked on shows like this, I'm excited to hear her work!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:05 am Reply with quote
Since this is an Aniplex show, I was slightly surprised they let Funi handle the dub. I thought they would have recorded it in LA, but Im glad they didn't.

Quote:
I don't envy the ADR scriptwriter here, as I'm sure people (even just those who watch a random clip on twitter) are going to run through it with a fine tooth comb. I have a ton of faith in Kristen McGuire (Kono Oto and Kakushigoto had great adaptive writing), so while I can't remember if she's worked on shows like this, I'm excited to hear her work!

Usually I'd peg Jamie Marchi to be the one to adapt scripts as nuanced as this one, but I am eager to see how McGuire does.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:10 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Since this is an Aniplex show, I was slightly surprised they let Funi handle the dub. I thought they would have recorded it in LA, but Im glad they didn't..

Aniplex has been having funimation start dubbing their shows for awhile again. Some here and there that already had contractual obligations (magic high school) already in place or a history of being dubbed in LA (sword art) appear to be the exceptions.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 am Reply with quote
I dont think Aniplex USA has this one. So far every show that funi has gotten from them, they tag AOA on social media when talking about the show. Also, I dont think I've seen Aniplex USA talk about this at all on their social media platforms. So im thinking this is purely a funi licensed show and thus they have the freedom to dub this however they want. Probaly gonna get a reasonably affordable release as well, so thats something to look forward to
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 am Reply with quote
Good. This should increase the chances of Aniplex USA giving it a BD release.

getchman wrote:
I dont think Aniplex USA has this one. So far every show that funi has gotten from them, they tag AOA on social media when talking about the show. Also, I dont think I've seen Aniplex USA talk about this at all on their social media platforms. So im thinking this is purely a funi licensed show and thus they have the freedom to dub this however they want.

You could be right. I always assumed it was an AoA license because the Aniplex logo appears at the start of every episode.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm Reply with quote
That's a stellar English cast.
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Aniplex has been having funimation start dubbing their shows for awhile again. Some here and there that already had contractual obligations (magic high school) already in place or a history of being dubbed in LA (sword art) appear to be the exceptions.

I don't know if it had anything to do with contractual obligations. Misfit of Demon King Academy also got an LA dub.

I think they might just reserve LA for their light novel adaptions now and stuff that was already established as being at LA (like Promised Neverland, Fate, Madoka, Cells at Work, Demon Slayer etc.).

I guess the real test will be what happens with 86.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1