• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shonen Jump Exhibition Fast-Forwards to the '90s

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
How come Saint Seiya is not in the list?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quote
DarkLordDragon wrote:
How come Saint Seiya is not in the list?

I think it started in the mid 80s
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
So the pedophile's samurai manga is also there. Japan forgot about him quite quickly at least in terms of appreciating his work. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
So the pedophile's samurai manga is also there. Japan forgot about him quite quickly at least in terms of appreciating his work. Laughing

Things were probably already set in motion before that cat was let out it's bag.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:51 am Reply with quote
Fourteenthangel wrote:
Things were probably already set in motion before that cat was let out it's bag.

Tell that to all the in production and finished shows and movies that got cancelled the second after the Hollywood accusations started.

I just hope it's a sign people can separate a person's work from themselves and not treat it as taboo.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Fourteenthangel wrote:

Tell that to all the in production and finished shows and movies that got cancelled the second after the Hollywood accusations started.

I just hope it's a sign people can separate a person's work from themselves and not treat it as taboo.

Most of those shows weren't a big deal classic series. Besides, Jump always seemed rather forgiving of its writers, for better or worse. Just think Shimabukuro.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1