• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nanachi Reunites With Mitty for Made in Abyss Figure

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animemaster1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen an anime figurine that actually made me feel kind of sad, until now.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quote
That figure is really cool.

Also...I've noticed this for a while, but I've never had a chance to mention it. Mitty's backstory is remarkably similar to that of spoiler[Squealer's fate in From The New World.] How come nobody else except me has made this connection? Or maybe there are and I don't know it. But seriously, think about it: spoiler[Both characters were cruelly experimented on by humans (One as part of an experiment in and of itself, another as a form of punishment for their crimes), and said process sends signals of extreme pain everywhere in their body, leaving them feeling horrible pain every single second that they live, all the while continually regenerating said damage, never being able to die]. I wonder if Made In Abyss was inspired by From The New World in some way?
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
That figure is really cool.

Also...I've noticed this for a while, but I've never had a chance to mention it. Mitty's backstory is remarkably similar to that of spoiler[Squealer's fate in From The New World.] How come nobody else except me has made this connection? Or maybe there are and I don't know it. But seriously, think about it: spoiler[Both characters were cruelly experimented on by humans (One as part of an experiment in and of itself, another as a form of punishment for their crimes), and said process sends signals of extreme pain everywhere in their body, leaving them feeling horrible pain every single second that they live, all the while continually regenerating said damage, never being able to die]. I wonder if Made In Abyss was inspired by From The New World in some way?

That never really crossed my mind. More so with Fullmetal Alchemist with spoiler[Nina and her dog becoming an experiment]
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:

That never really crossed my mind. More so with Fullmetal Alchemist with spoiler[Nina and her dog becoming an experiment]

spoiler[Where's Nina the Dog scale figure]
supercalafragilisticjoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
Oh, man. On one hand, I really want it. On the other hand, I don't need a daily reason to cry, thanks.
halo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Shut up and take my money, also rip my heart out and stomp on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1