• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Reader / Subscriber Give-Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Is Funimation's DVD any better than Bandai's? I'm not sure if it is worth entering for something I already have.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping these subscriber giveaways come a little more often as an enticement to join.
(although I kind of feel like that if you're a big enough anime fan to subscribe, you're probably already a big enough anime fan to already own Cowboy Bebop- I'm more interested in SAO)

I miss the days when you had periodic scheduled "reviewer copy" giveaways in the community forum (and doesn't the description of subscriber advantages still mention occasional subscriber-only giveaways as a perk?)
I guess you must give your extras away as conference prizes these days instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Is Funimation's DVD any better than Bandai's? I'm not sure if it is worth entering for something I already have.

I think the Funimation DVD has 5.1 sound, but I can't confirm that from RightStuf's pages for that or the Blu Ray. Anybody?

I'm in the same spot, I already have the Bandai DVDs. And I don't really care for SAO. Sad
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Glad I recently became a subscriber. Hoping more for Bebop than SAO, but I wouldn’t refuse the latter if I got it.

Spastic Minnow wrote:
I'm hoping these subscriber giveaways come a little more often as an enticement to join.
(although I kind of feel like that if you're a big enough anime fan to subscribe, you're probably already a big enough anime fan to already own Cowboy Bebop- I'm more interested in SAO)

I actually don’t have Bebop as of yet, as buying physical releases hasn’t fit in my budget until recently, after I started my new job. I would also like to see more subscriber giveaways.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I bought a Blu-Ray copy of Cowboy Bebop for $20 a while ago. And I have no real desire to own SAO. Good luck to anyone else, though.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, even though not an ANN subscriber myself, I'm going for the chance on SAO, lol. Cause you know...Aniplex's prices are really extreme, lol.

Either way, good luck to those who entered.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 pm Reply with quote
@Nom De Plume De Fanboy

According to the box, the Funimation version of Cowboy Bebop has Dolby TrueHD 5.1 for both the English and Japanese tracks.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

5.1 sound and since it's sourced from the Blu-ray likely far superior image quality.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 am Reply with quote
It has occurred to me that the modified "Give Way" sign in the article's image is less likely to resonate with the competition's audience, given that, as far as I understand, 'Yield' is the preferred wording in North America...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

I think the Funimation DVD has 5.1 sound, but I can't confirm that from RightStuf's pages for that or the Blu Ray. Anybody?

I'm in the same spot, I already have the Bandai DVDs. And I don't really care for SAO. Sad

Bandai put out a 5.1 track for Cowboy Bebop on the Remix DVDs.

Alan45 wrote:
@Nom De Plume De Fanboy

According to the box, the Funimation version of Cowboy Bebop has Dolby TrueHD 5.1 for both the English and Japanese tracks.

That's the Blu-ray version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1