• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games GDC Edition: Spike Chunsoft Powers Up

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gacha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I condemn SC for skipping vita on zanki zero, though good to see a publisher I should ignore from afar.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(I mean, “Racing” is pretty visible on the silhouette, so it's obvious it's something with that word in the title, and the trailer is basically car images and revving noises, so it's obviously not the Sonic Labyrinth remake everyone's been clamoring for.)

Girl Smile

Quote:

His first independent title, the 2013 3DS game Hometown Story, was a dull mess, earning the dubious honor of portable kusoge of the year from Japanese netizens.

I wish I could read japanese.
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:28 pm Reply with quote
gacha wrote:
I condemn SC for skipping vita on zanki zero, though good to see a publisher I should ignore from afar.
first of all, Zanki Zero isn't even released in Japan yet. They're probably looking for a end of 2018 release/beginning of 2019 for the English version, which may, or may not be a thing then. NISA also skipped the Vita in 1 or 2 games they've announced recently.

They also haven't released a single game since they created their North American subsidiary, so they really want to play it safe.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As the release date for Blazblue X Tag Battle draws ever closer, more and more characters get revealed for the Most Ambitious Crossover Event in History.

Yes, yes, we see what you did there. Razz
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the next Sonic racing game, I can only hope that being in 1st place is not as boring as it was in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It was a very well-made game in most other aspects (and a very well-polished and ambitious one from a small studio), but my goodness, I never realized just how needed the Blue Shell was until that game. I'd get an early lead in one-third the races I play online (especially if it's Boost Race and I use the slots to get a Hot Rod item at the start), and the only way I'd drop into 2nd, most of the time, was if I intentionally did so.

I'm not trying to show off or anything, but pointing out a flaw in its mechanics in that once you took the lead, the game made it much too easy to maintain it. I enjoy Mario Kart for its Sword of Damocles mechanics (among other things), but the Swarm was not only much too weak, it wound up punishing players who had fallen behind instead of people who were ahead. Indeed, in the races where I WASN'T able to get an early lead, I couldn't catch up at all--they kept getting further and further away (which was what happened when I was in the lead).
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 am Reply with quote
Wow there goes any credibility in my eyes.

You talk smack about Level 5? One of the better jrpg makers : Dark Cloud, Jeanne D Arc, Rogue Galaxy, Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni, Yokai Watch. And then say you'd rather play Attack on Titan 2? Really, another shitty, musou game, pulling an anime skin on a really baldy developed Dynasty Warriors game. Pfft.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
So will Steins Gate Elite have English audio? As much as I enjoy watching anime subbed, playing a video game that way has always been a turn off for me, for some reason.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
You talk smack about Level 5? One of the better jrpg makers : Dark Cloud, Jeanne D Arc, Rogue Galaxy, Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni, Yokai Watch.

...and also the 3DS version of Little Battlers Experience (fun game, but the only physical 3DS release I've ever played that straight up crashes every few hours) and Gundam AGE. (Also, maybe it's just me, but I actively despised Sentinels of the Starry Skies.) It's not hard to have a bad first impression of the studio.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A pair of twins find that their mother has fallen into a deep fairytale sleep, and to wake her, they must raise a dragon into adulthood. That's quite a task by itself, but since Mom's comatose, they also have to take over running the family café. Will the pair be able to raise their new reptile friend while keeping the café afloat? Can they raise crops and make tasty new recipes to keep customers coming by and feed their hungry, growing lizard? It sounds like an interesting mix of farming game, business sim, and pet raising

That sounds just like the premise to Summon Night 4, which had you raising a dragon child and working as the owner of a restaurant. For the record though, dragons aren't really reptiles or lizards. That's just an overly outdated stereotype they got labeled with. XD

Quote:
and the screenshots are just friggin’ adorable as heck. Look at that lil'guy!

I will agree on that; the baby dragon is so cute. I think I might actually get this, and it releases just a bit after my birthday, so it's perfect timing.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Wow there goes any credibility in my eyes.

You talk smack about Level 5? One of the better jrpg makers : Dark Cloud, Jeanne D Arc, Rogue Galaxy, Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni, Yokai Watch.

None of those titles makes Level 5 any less niche than then presently are. Dark Cloud is probably the weakest of those six games.

CrownKlown wrote:

And then say you'd rather play Attack on Titan 2? Really, another shitty, musou game, pulling an anime skin on a really baldy developed Dynasty Warriors game. Pfft.

Yeah how dare someone likes to play something you don't like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1