• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 3 Kids Crush the Competition in Functional Transformers Costumes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
does anyone else understood the kids were crushed by a costume malfunction?
Mavado

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm Reply with quote
"I'd like to point out that that kid survived."
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
does anyone else understood the kids were crushed by a costume malfunction?

I had the same thought at first and I got disturbed a bit. Then I read the title again and it was about the kids who are probably going to win their competition. Those costumes are seriously impressive and creative. Whoever created them should be proud of himself. Good luck to those kids!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
OK, here's another sociopolitical issue some kids are going to start raising: them identifying themselves as vehicles.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
Dang, these comments had me worried for a second. Makin me think there would be a follow up story of the kids somehow dying from malfunction in their cardboard costumes.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
OK, here's another sociopolitical issue some kids are going to start raising: them identifying themselves as vehicles.
If this is supposed to be some kind of transphobic joke, this was not appropriate.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Someone developed some really cool costume design parts to integrate the children's physique with recognizable physical objects oft seen in transportation by the general public. Kudos to the kids' successful imitations, kudos to the parents or who(m)ever inspired them to do it.

I can understand concern people might have re kids having fun imitating things versus kids unwittingly crossing the fine line being exploited for someone else's gain, be it ill got or just right place, right time being in the moment recognizing a human interest trope.

Thanks for passing it along. Since I never use much less understand Tweet (or social media for that matter) it is nice to witness interesting things in spite of my apprehensiveness about the phenomena.
kamui85

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:
Someone developed some really cool costume design parts to integrate the children's physique with recognizable physical objects oft seen in transportation by the general public. Kudos to the kids' successful imitations, kudos to the parents or who(m)ever inspired them to do it.

I can understand concern people might have re kids having fun imitating things versus kids unwittingly crossing the fine line being exploited for someone else's gain, be it ill got or just right place, right time being in the moment recognizing a human interest trope.

Thanks for passing it along. Since I never use much less understand Tweet (or social media for that matter) it is nice to witness interesting things in spite of my apprehensiveness about the phenomena.

What?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:16 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
If this is supposed to be some kind of transphobic joke, this was not appropriate.

It's a jab at how I have seen some people ID as other types of animals. Heck, I saw a story of a 52-year-old who IDs as a 6-year-old guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1