• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host U.S. Premiere of Kase-san and Morning Glories Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
I really hope this means they will make a full series someday!
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I hope this means we'll get to see the movie in theaters in the states at some point as well. So many awesome things at AX this year but unfortunately my current financial situation means I'm unable to go. Hopefully the people that are able to go have a good time.

Ampharos wrote:

This. I really like the visuals of the 5 minute short and this upcoming animation, it would be fantastic to get a visually similar anime series.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
My sources tell me that this is may be a highlight of AX. I suppose I shall be in attendance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorTralfamadore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for a broader release. I love the manga and have been waiting to see the anime version for a while!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
returnal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
beyond excited for this! definitely waiting eagerly for wider western release news! (and apparently the theatre-limited blu-ray has English subs... wonder when it'll get general release in Japan...)
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, have fun, Americans. I have no idea if this anime would ever get released here on theaters (probably not) but if it does, could count me in to support this anime as well.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
@Afezeria

Don't feel bad. Here in the US only a select group of people in or near major cities get to see anime movies. The nearest that I have checked would have required a four hour drive (8 hour round trip) to see a 90 minute movie. As much as I would like to see them, I'm not that big a fan.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Oh all right. Yeah sorry, I didn't factor in the fact that America is HUGE and not all anime fans would lived nearby major cities where the likelihood for an anime movie to be in theaters is higher. Malaysia isn't that big on the world map but it does in fact felt huge to me, and it's a pain because at least 95% of anime related events here happened over at Kuala Lumpur or Pulau Pinang (major cities around here) and I lived at Kuantan, which is on the other side of the map facing the South China Sea. So, it may not took over 8 hours of driving to get to the other side but it's still a very long distance to travel and I don't have the money or the time to do that. Oh yeah, theaters over at that side are more likely to get a lot more anime films as well, meanwhile it isn't that common here. Back when Your Name used to aired here, I don't think this state got the privilege to see it at the local area. If Kase-san OVA would ever be released here, the chances for it to be available at my state is slim to none. Too bad indeed, but there's not much to be done about that.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Ampharos wrote:

Same here. This can be the anime that will single handedly revitalize yuri.
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see this.But i live on the east coast and not attending this convention.That's a shame.I like the manga and interested in the anime.
Feli1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Ohh is the lesbian thing I thought it was already confirmed for an anime guess not I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets big somehow but for the wrong reasons lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1