Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, July 22-28 [2018-07-24]




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Яeverse



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 950
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
School of Horns
Twin Star Exorcists for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GundamZX



Joined: 23 May 2014
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Seem to be missing a couple of stuff compare to the release encyclopedia portion of this site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 834
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop’s first volume of the Konohana Kitan manga is supposedly scheduled for release today (July 24), though Amazon doesn’t seem to have it in stock immediately, so I’m not sure what’s going on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Punch Drunk Marc



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1484
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Tokyopop’s first volume of the Konohana Kitan manga is supposedly scheduled for release today (July 24), though Amazon doesn’t seem to have it in stock immediately, so I’m not sure what’s going on.


Tokyopop. That's what's going on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgeC



Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 793
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 am Reply with quote
Not a lot of great anime being released this summer...
Been entire weeks go by with NOTHING that seems to be highlighted or talked about!

Did get something in the mail unexpectedly early-ish.

Star Blazer/Yamato 2199 just got released early. It's the Funimation release.
This is one I'm glad I bought the LE/chipboard for. Very niceartwork with foil stamping that literally make the front explode with a starburst.
Hope it lives up to the hype... I caught a few episodes online but sort of dwindled off after 2.
I hope the show doesn't get lost in the shuffle despite being a few years late.
I can still remember the confusion from a few years back when Funi announced a Yamato license and there was confusion on whether it was the last (pre-2010) "official" original chronology Yamato movie (which was itself part of an unfinished series) or the live-action film. It turned out to be the live-action film but it was 4 more years before that got officially released in the US!

I still would like to see an official release in the West of the original series unedited one of these days... The Starblazers tapes are looking very worn nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Double Mangekyo



Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:08 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to think whoever makes these lists only looks at the release dates one time and doesn't bother to double-check them before posting.

Digital Novel Releases has seen quite a few errors. Even now:
How NOT to Summon ebook 3 came out July 23
Tanya the Evil ebook 3 will be out July 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
pirateaddict



Joined: 20 Dec 2017
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
Saiyuki Reload Blast for me, so hyped that David Matranga and Greg Ayres are back. Micah did a good job but have to admit Ian Sinclair is no match against Illich's voice but that's life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
digidragon
ANN Past Staff


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 173
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
Digital Novel Releases has seen quite a few errors. Even now:
How NOT to Summon ebook 3 came out July 23
Tanya the Evil ebook 3 will be out July 31


Amazon says July 24 for Tanya, so that was not an error: https://www.amazon.com/Saga-Tanya-Evil-Vol-ebook/dp/B0791M4BB9

I forgot to change it either way, but J-Novel Club's release schedule says July 22 for How NOT to Summon. I just fixed it. https://j-novel.club/comingup

Thanks!

Regarding Konohana Kitan, I usually see Tokyopop releases listed for multiple consecutive weeks for some reason. I'm pretty sure I even listed it a few weeks back -- I assume no one has a copy yet, though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GundamZX



Joined: 23 May 2014
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
The manga version of Tanya came out on the 24th. But the one you list on this site is under the novel table which comes out the 31st.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 comes out on Aug 7. Article is missing stuff that comes out this week such as Laid-Back Camp 3 and Teasing Master Takagi-san 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
digidragon
ANN Past Staff


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 173
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
GundamZX wrote:
The manga version of Tanya came out on the 24th. But the one you list on this site is under the novel table which comes out the 31st.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 comes out on Aug 7. Article is missing stuff that comes out this week such as Laid-Back Camp 3 and Teasing Master Takagi-san 1.


Haha, ok I see what happened. When you click on "Kindle version" from the novel page on Amazon it takes you to the digital version of the manga. My bad for not noticing. I fixed it. Thanks!

Blood Blockade Battlefront is listed in accordance with the Dark Horse release date here. Dark Horse release dates are usually earlier on their website vs major online stores -- iirc it's because of comic shop releases.

I also added some missing titles, including the two you mentioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Double Mangekyo



Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
digidragon wrote:
GundamZX wrote:
The manga version of Tanya came out on the 24th. But the one you list on this site is under the novel table which comes out the 31st.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 comes out on Aug 7. Article is missing stuff that comes out this week such as Laid-Back Camp 3 and Teasing Master Takagi-san 1.


Haha, ok I see what happened. When you click on "Kindle version" from the novel page on Amazon it takes you to the digital version of the manga. My bad for not noticing. I fixed it. Thanks!


Oh, and WorldEnd vol.1 also releases on July 31...
http://www.b2c.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/worldend-what-do-you-do-at-the-end-of-the-world-are-you-busy-will-you-save-us-vol-1/9781975326876/?yen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
digidragon
ANN Past Staff


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 173
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:


I saw that, but Right Stuf has a July 24 release date and it is in stock. This happens a lot with Yen Press titles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Posts: 8770
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood Blockade Battlefront volume 10 did come out at the comic shop today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group