• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Game Show 2018 Part Two: Kingdom Hearts III, Devil May Cry 5, and More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 am Reply with quote
-DMC5: Yeah, the Breakers mechanic seems kind of questionable. I've seen an interview with Itsuno claiming that forcing the player to not be able to switch freely make Nero more unique from Dante....but the problem with that line of thinking is that Nero was already unique from Dante because all the Breakers have such wildly different functionality that there's not that much overlap between Dante and Nero. All it's really doing is artificially limiting Nero's moveset.

My prediction is that the Breakers are going to be wasted. Players aren't going to mix it up or experiment. They're going to min-max and just go with what is considered the "best" Breaker by the community and let the others gather dust, meaning all that work the team put into designing them, is going to go to waste. Trying to put "strategic" elements into twitch reflex games has always caused a grinding of gears.

As for Dante, he looks as crazy as always. My guess is the Cavaliere (that's the bike-chaku) is going to be a heavy, crowd control weapon. Some other neat bits people saw in the official gameplay previews and trailers was the Nobodies (those freaky, skinless, twisted monstrosities of limbs) from 1 are back, as well as what appears to be a downgraded version of Nelo Angelo. The latter especially brings all sorts of weird ideas to the mix. It was also funny how Reuben Langdon showed up at TGS...with his wife cosplaying Lady. Itsuno had to reiterate that Dante and Lady aren't in a relationship because of that.

-Judge Eyes: Continues to look cool. I definitely think detective skills could be used more in games, having players put their deductive skills to the taste and connect the dots. Plus it's cool just seeing Takuya Kimura in a game project
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote
The link to Part One is actually a link to Part Two.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 am Reply with quote
For the Kingdom Hearts III: I feel like that this whole new type of things is pretty cool, and it s has some of the newest aspect of the stories that can be acheived. Also, i am hoping they can include some recent Disney films like Inside Up, Zootopia and Moona. I also like to see Star Wars and Marvel stuff to be included in the game as well.

For Judge Eyes, Takuya Kimura starring in the game is one of them of landmark role he will voice in the game, as he was one an former J-Pop star group called SMAP. Congatulations for him to star in the game though.

That's all i can tell.

(sorry for my poor English)
Frog-kun
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:32 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
The link to Part One is actually a link to Part Two.

Fixed! Along with some typos.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1