• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Basara Manga Artist Yumi Tamura Has Big News on November 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
*GASP*! Is it the announcement that someone is going to pick up the 7 Seeds manga for US distribution! Oh how I wish that were going to be the case Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Guess I'll hope for a (full) anime adaptation of either Basara or 7 Seeds then! I never thought I'd see the day Parasyte or Banana Fish would get an anime, so I can hold out hope now! And unlike those two, Basara is a fantasy world so no need to add cell phones and tablets here! This would still be excellent news because the anime for both Parasyte and Banana Fish caused a nice surge of reprints, so if this might result in some reprints and/or licensing of more of her works, I'd be game! (Also, to whom it may concern, PLEASE license some more Akimi Yoshida! Get us Umimachi Diary and Yasha!)
Pantha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
WHOA! I'm literally reading Basara right now; I have volume 15 on my lap as I type this. I hope the announcement is a full-length TV series. I saw the 13-episode series about nine or ten years ago and immediately bought the entire manga to experience the complete story. It's been 20 years since the manga ended so the timing's perfect!

Please please please be an announcement for a 70 episode TV series of Basara.

...then Red River can be next...
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that it's an announcement that either Basara or 7 Seeds is getting an anime announcement, because I'd love to see Basara get a reprint or 7 Seeds get an English edition...
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
^ All of these post. Yes.

Basara is my all time favorite manga. Oh dear. I own a lot of 7SEEDS but have never gotten around to it. My gosh would this be amazing!
sayami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm also praying for a full Basara or 7Seeds adaptation, though I wouldn't complain about an english release of 7Seeds. Gosh, I just love that manga!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1