• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena Director Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime Unveils 4th 'Linked' Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I knew it!! Well anyones thats been following sarazan mai since it was first announced did. So mabu(?) is gonna be the last trailer next week. unc

Reo(?) is old now but still cute. It's so weird to see him in Anime form. I wonder who his VA is. Sounds familiar.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
CardamonPastel wrote:
Reo(?) is old now but still cute. It's so weird to see him in Anime form. I wonder who his VA is. Sounds familiar.

Sounds like Miyano Mamoru. Which would be interesting because he's been mostly coasting and phoning in for the past... how many years now. I wonder if Ikuhara can coax some actual acting out of him.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Looking good, although I always think that it's strange whenever a "spinoff" comes out well before the main series.
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
CardamonPastel wrote:

Sounds like Miyano Mamoru. Which would be interesting because he's been mostly coasting and phoning in for the past... how many years now. I wonder if Ikuhara can coax some actual acting out of him.

You're right someone else pointed that out too. I didn't think Reo would have such a deep voice based on his initial appearance but since he's probably in his 30's now it makes sense. Is Miyano bad? I don't follow seiyuu often so idk if i watched anything with him in it lately.
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Looking good, although I always think that it's strange whenever a "spinoff" comes out well before the main series.

The spin-off is actually a prequel to the Anime. It's light hearted so idk how much itll actually have to do with the Anime outside of giving us details about Reo, Mabu and Sara's lives before the Anime unless sarazanmai ends up being light hearted, too. Hope not.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
CardamonPastel wrote:
SHD wrote:
CardamonPastel wrote:

You're right someone else pointed that out too. I didn't think Reo would have such a deep voice based on his initial appearance but since he's probably in his 30's now it makes sense. Is Miyano bad? I don't follow seiyuu often so idk if i watched anything with him in it lately.

I used to really like Miyano as a seiyuu, but in the past years he's been leaning very heavily into mannerisms and routines, either not putting much of an effort into his performances, or hamming it up, and due to his immense popularity he's been able to coast on this. (Some say it's because he's focusing on his singing career, which might be true.) It's been quite a long time since he's done an impressive or interesting performance, everything I've heard him in lately was "Miyano Mamoru playing himself as [Character X]" if that makes sense. Still under good direction he can turn out good performances (even if the last good performance I've heard from him was in what, 2014), so I wonder if that's going to be the case now.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Wait what, the cop guy is Miyano Mamoru? I was dead certain that its Kimura Ryouhei. Weird. Now after hearing his name and relistening to the PV, I can hear Miyano. My ears are failing me, apparently.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
Wait what, the cop guy is Miyano Mamoru? I was dead certain that its Kimura Ryouhei. Weird. Now after hearing his name and relistening to the PV, I can hear Miyano. My ears are failing me, apparently.

Haha, I'd been kind of torn between Kimura and Miyano, but ultimately I think it's Miyano... I could judge better if I could listen to it with headphones, alas I only have my crappy speakers for now. (In any case I'd be happier with Kimura than with Miyano.)
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
I used to really like Miyano as a seiyuu, but in the past years he's been leaning very heavily into mannerisms and routines, either not putting much of an effort into his performances, or hamming it up, and due to his immense popularity he's been able to coast on this. (Some say it's because he's focusing on his singing career, which might be true.) It's been quite a long time since he's done an impressive or interesting performance, everything I've heard him in lately was "Miyano Mamoru playing himself as [Character X]" if that makes sense. Still under good direction he can turn out good performances (even if the last good performance I've heard from him was in what, 2014), so I wonder if that's going to be the case now.

You're not wrong about his roles. Call me crazy but ever since Free! his roles have been like that. I liked Rin. He was my favourite in season 1. But.... Yeah. I was surprised that he is doing something different in Zombieland Saga. It was quite refreshing. Plus, he did sell his concert DVD recently, right?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote
From watching Penguindrum, I know I'll be keeping an eye out for this one when it drops. I can make a fairly good guess whatever the premise of this show, it will be:

Visually fascinating (already the PV seems to support this)
    Emotionally intriguing
    Surreal and/or confusing af

As far as casting goes, I don't have much to add, other than I'm a fan of Miyano's so that's an added plus to my ears.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1