• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Visual Art's/Key Releases Charlotte/Rewrite Concert Video on Steam With Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Track list?
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Track list?

Right there on the Steam page that was linked at the end of the article.
Quote:
KSL Live World 2016 ~the Animation Charlotte & Rewrite~ Setlist
1. Philosophyz - NanosizeMir
2. A Tiny Beginning (Sasayaka na Hajimari) - NanosizeMir
3. Harvest - Aoi Tada
4. Under This Tree (Kono Ki no Shita de) - Aoi Tada
5. Love Letter (Koibumi) - Aoi Tada/Ayaka Kitazawa
6. Sunbright - Ayaka Kitazawa
7. Feverish Days (Hatsunetsu Days) - Runa Mizutani (NanosizeMir)
8. Till the Eden (Rakuen Made) - Ayaka Kitazawa
9. Trigger (English) - marina
10. Vanishing Day (Japanese) - marina
11. Fallin' (English) - marina
12. Song of Revolving Stars (Hoshi Meguri no Uta) - Lia
13. Light colors - Lia
14. My Soul, Your Beats! - Lia
15. The Ship of Stars (Hoshi no Fune) - Lia
16. Stardust (Hoshikuzu) - Haruka Shimotsuki
17. To the Eternal Planet (Towa no Hoshi e) - Haruka Shimotsuki
18. Rewrite - PSYCHIC LOVER
19. Your Letters (Kimi no Moji) - Anri Kumaki
20. End of the World - Anri Kumaki
21. CANOE - Aoi Tada
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:06 am Reply with quote
Given that a lot of Key anime, especially when they are from KyoAni, were licensed by ADV and Sentai Filmworks, I am surprised SF didn't license this, other than it being an Aniplex title. Another thing with those licensing trends is that Brittney Karbowski has often been cast in those dubs.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:56 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Given that a lot of Key anime, especially when they are from KyoAni, were licensed by ADV and Sentai Filmworks, I am surprised SF didn't license this, other than it being an Aniplex title. Another thing with those licensing trends is that Brittney Karbowski has often been cast in those dubs.

Well, except that concert movies almost never get released in the West. TBH, the only one I can think of is the Mikunopolis Blu-Ray released by Aniplex. But when you think about all the stuff that could be licensed — those Love Live! concerts that have had one-day theatrical showings, the BanG Dream! bands with their concerts, etc — there’s really nothing about a KSL Live World that makes it any more likely to come out here. In fact, perhaps less so because all the different artists might make it harder to license music rights.

I’d sure like to see more of this stuff come out here, but I don’t know if it’s been tried before and come up short, or just hasn’t really been tried at all. Another possibility is that concert movies don’t benefit that much from localization — romaji subs for Japanese lyrics don’t make that much of a difference for how much you can enjoy it — so maybe the people who really care about this stuff are already importing region A Blu-Rays.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
I'm on the fence with this one.

I was not really into the soundtrack for Charlotte, like I was for Angel Beats.. and to be honest my experience with Rewrite is pretty limited. Maybe after I get a chance to play it, but I am seriously backlogged with Key titles currently.

I see Planetarian is on here so I'll probably end up pulling the trigger, but I would have also liked to see some Little Busters.. and yes even Clannad songs. Not to mention Air, Kannon.. etc.. lots of good music in Key titles.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
How does performance quality compare with the following from Animelo Summer Live 2016? (bearing in mind that the following are rough 480p versions of what was released as part of a 1080p concert blu-ray):

Lia, Bravely You, Charlotte OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLL8x-ThdQ
Lia with fhàna, Toki wo Kizamu Uta, Clannad After Story OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9p3a-UC_Aw
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1