• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Which Goku Battle Truly Smashed? Shueisha Wants to Know Your Fav

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
...you know for a second there I thought Goku was "Truly in Smash".
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The original battle against Freeza on Namek will come in First Place, everyone already knows this right?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote
Goku vs Ma Junior/Piccolo at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai.

You could feel the hits in your bones just watching. It was absolutely brutal. Just the right combination of ki attacks and hand to hand. And dude saved the world AND won a tournament at the same time. Only other guy to do that is... well, spoiler[Android 17 in Super], but that's not even in the original manga, shut up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
faboo95

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 am Reply with quote
Readers picked the top 10 moments from the Dragon Ball manga earlier this month with the ending of the Buu Saga being the top choice.

...but the previous list shows the Goku vs Frieza fight as #1. Am I missing something?
Enturax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
If there's going to be a single fight from Super in top 3 then this fanbase is dead to me.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
If there's going to be a single fight from Super in top 3 then this fanbase is dead to me.

Yeah how dare people like anything from Super. Dude we get it you don't like Super give it a rest already.

I mean hell I don't like GT but I don't whine at all when people speak positively about it.
Enturax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Enturax wrote:

Yeah how dare people like anything from Super. Dude we get it you don't like Super give it a rest already.

I mean hell I don't like GT but I don't whine at all when people speak positively about it.

The difference is that GT had DB vibes at least, that much can't be said about Super. Super even abandoned the animation style which DB was known for from original DB up to GT. Super abandoned pretty nearly everything that made DB what it was.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
The difference is that GT had DB vibes at least,

The difference is subjective and irrelevant to the point you're trying to make though. Especially once you remember the fact that out of the four series DragonBall Z and Super are far more liked in other parts of the world than the original series and GT are.

Enturax wrote:
that much can't be said about Super. Super even abandoned the animation style which DB was known for from original DB up to GT.

Me and you must've watched different shows because DragonBall and Early Z are animated way differently compared to later Z and GT.....secondly this is also irrelevant with regards to your anti-super screeds since it's something most of the fanbase couldn't care less about.

Enturax wrote:
Super abandoned pretty nearly everything that made DB what it was.

Which was epic battles, comedy, drama, an eccentric and eclectic cast of characters, occasionally poorly drawn scenes?

All of which Super has?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1