• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hanamaru Kunikida Has the Lead for Love Live! Sunshine!! 4th Single's 'Center' Idol Poll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm Reply with quote
This either made people really happy or really really angry. Either way. Horray for people FINALLY choosing girls based on who deserves it and not because only "best girl"!! It's good to see a change. But this can easily switch around in the next few weeks. We'll see.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
This either made people really happy or really really angry. Either way. Horray for people FINALLY choosing girls based on who deserves it and not because only "best girl"!! It's good to see a change. But this can easily switch around in the next few weeks. We'll see.

I kinda doubt it will switch around, maybe Yohane getting ahead of Maru (well, that's what I'm hoping), but because Chika, You and Kanan have already been centre the majority of their fans will vote for one of the others to spread the love
ckretaznmaid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 am Reply with quote
Well, that's good. I hope that they all get singles at some point.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the fandom joke is that Chika has stolen a large amount of centers, so she isn't gonna get another one in this poll. And yeah, both Kin-chan and Kyan were pushing hard in their Twitters to get people to vote for them right after the poll opened. Not surprised Hanamaru is leading, the fandom has been pushing hard for her to get a Center since Kin-chan's voice is so good but criminally underused in the current catalog, with only a shot number of solos in group songs.

I actually voted Yohane a couple times (and should probably get back to voting), but she has a leading role in Guilty Kiss, plus can be said to have a Center-ish role in Daydream Warrior, so I'm not gonna be disappointed if Hanamaru takes it.

ckretaznman wrote:
Well, that's good. I hope that they all get singles at some point.

They do, all the girls have a solo song that was bundled with the season 2 BDs. Yohane's In This Unstable World was pure fire and was amazing live at 3rd Live. Hanamaru's Oyasuminasan was very cute as well. I mean, all of the solo songs were really good: Chika's One More Sunshine Story, You's Beginner Sailing, Riko's Pianoforte Monologue, Kanan's Sakana ka Nanda ka, Dia's White First Love, Ruby's Red Gem Wink, and Mari's New Winding Road are worth listening to.

But if you mean all the girls centering a song, then that's probably a bit more difficult.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1