• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Sues California Man for Selling Modified Switch, NES Classic Consoles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 am Reply with quote
with knowing how aggressive Nintendo is lately...why would u ever risk doing this type of stuff online Anime hyper
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote
How would someone buy something like that and not know it's illegal, at this point?

Well, then there are those people who get off on knowing they're doing something illegal, so there's that, too.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:57 am Reply with quote
Nintendo pusing many fasts things to stop doing illegal/piracy stuff a lot more in the recent years.

How come of these arrest could lead many people who don't have money enough to afford the original one since the originals are mo expensive than the illegal and unauthorized consoles. I am also an poor person and i don't have an money enough to buy original console too and i always eager to wait for the price drop. I always resort by playing torrenting games online and/or playing games on emulation. Twisted Evil
Idgal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I am also an poor person and i don't have an money enough to buy original console too and i always eager to wait for the price drop. I always resort by playing torrenting games online and/or playing games on emulation. Twisted Evil

I hate this statement. I was poor and grow up poor, I SAVED up to buy. owning games is not a life/death matter.
You do without if you don't have the money for entertainment.

being poor does not justified buying from someone ripping off someone's IP and making profit from it. And most of the people are not "poor" just cheap.

I can understand if they modified the console for their own but they were making money off it.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I modified my consoles back in the day, but that was to play import games.

These days they're all region free so the only reason to modify a console is to pirate games, but as a collector having the actual game is more important to me than playing it Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1