• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Square Enix's Visual Works Studio Promotes Character Development in Action-Packed Cyborg B

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm Reply with quote
OMG Square Enix, your a god.
Mayo20
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Damn, really wish this was a game coming out. I suppose that was the goal though, lul.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:07 am Reply with quote
This is months old. ANN is (as usual) late to the party.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 am Reply with quote
Why does the intro for The Witcher 3 look at least as good as this even though it's almost 4 years old?
Also anything from Death Stranding looks better than this, although that may just be a superior art style.
Chrizy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote
#879773 wrote:
This is months old. ANN is (as usual) late to the party.

Yeah. It is just that Famitsu published article and thus ANN noticed. FYI, there are new concept art in the Famitsu article.
Chrizy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
Why does the intro for The Witcher 3 look at least as good as this even though it's almost 4 years old?
Also anything from Death Stranding looks better than this, although that may just be a superior art style.

TW3 intro looks at least as good as this because it's CG. You may wonder why FFX or FFXII CG videos age so well....

It's an absurd exaggeration to say that 'anything' from Death Stranding looks better than this. DS looks phenominal in real time but let's not forget there are some elements like character animations that are still inferior to the CG as well as it has the disadvantage of having barren landscapes and little particle effects. And you compared that to CGI work that involves heavy set-pieces, animations and effects. It is not a fair comparison.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1