Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Game Launches in West in Fall


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Siegfriedl88



Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am Reply with quote
wiiin!!! this is the best gaming news i read in a while, even feels like a birthday present that came a day late for me Razz
Quote:
The game will launch in North America and Europe with English and Japanese audio

was worried they were gonna half ass it given the amount of dialog like they did with tokyo xanadu ex, thank god thats not the case


Last edited by Siegfriedl88 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morry



Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 513
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am Reply with quote
Shame X-Seed wasn't able to localize this, but then again most of the people pushing for it have already left the company so maybe it's for the best. Hopefully the original cast can come back with a script that's up to par.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RenRen94



Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
Sweet, now I really have to finish my Vita versions (I'm still on the first game).
I'd also like to own the PS4 release that's coming out soon. Hopefully that has a cross-save feature so I can play my Vita saves on the TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shenl742



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Shame X-Seed wasn't able to localize this, but then again most of the people pushing for it have already left the company so maybe it's for the best. Hopefully the original cast can come back with a script that's up to par.


I'm seeing in mentions on twitter that they'll be "bringing in talent with previous experience with the series" for the localization process. That possible means they're bringing in former staff from XSEED for help on this, which is at least encouraging
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11435
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the chance of a PC port for this.

Also a bummed that XSEED didn't get it. I'd prefer to have all my Cold Steel games on one platform. Great to hear that dual audio is coming though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DLH112



Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 111
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
wiiin!!! this is the best gaming news i read in a while, even feels like a birthday present that came a day late for me Razz
Quote:
The game will launch in North America and Europe with English and Japanese audio

was worried they were gonna half ass it given the amount of dialog like they did with tokyo xanadu ex, thank god thats not the case


Tokyo Xanadu ex was localized by aksys games, not NISA or XSeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Siegfriedl88



Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 pm Reply with quote
DLH112 wrote:
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
wiiin!!! this is the best gaming news i read in a while, even feels like a birthday present that came a day late for me Razz
Quote:
The game will launch in North America and Europe with English and Japanese audio

was worried they were gonna half ass it given the amount of dialog like they did with tokyo xanadu ex, thank god thats not the case


Tokyo Xanadu ex was localized by aksys games, not NISA or XSeed.


im aware...meant that many niche jrpgs lately seems too forgo a dub and gets released subbed only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artanis



Joined: 28 Oct 2018
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Now I only need for them to confirm (and release) Trials IV and I can buy both III and IV and finally start the saga from Trails I!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zawa113
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7039
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Neat that we're finally getting 3, but a shame it's from NISA. Hopefully, they have learned from their YS VIII mistakes, but we shall see. But I think they did a solid job with Danganronpa, so it's not like seeing "NISA" means automatic failure to me, but they need to tread carefully after YS VIII. They'd just better get back as many of the original cast as possible (though come to think of it, a lot of the Cold Steel actors were also in Danganronpa, so they likely have access to Rean and Elliot for sure, and hopefully plenty of others)

My understanding is that the president of NISA is really good friends with the president of Falcom, which is why XSeed can't get any of the Falcom stuff nowadays (unless NISA doesn't want it, of course). I'm guessing both passed on Tokyo Xanadu (based on reviews and user reviews, it's not supposed to be that great...).

And now it'd just be nice if someone would get the Crossbell duo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Sango chan



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 178
Location: In the demon slayers Village
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
If this was before the crap sony has been pulling with anime games, i would be jumping for joy. But now, who knows what sony is going to be forcing NISA to be changing with the script by making it something else entirly different than it was suppose to be and what they are force to take out entirely.

Unlike Xseed, NISA doesnt bother to tell the fans what they removed and what they changed in the game. I'm Rather sad that Xseed isnt doing this game. But since the only people who were pushing for uncensored games are gone, who know what they are going to do with anime games now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meruru



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I just started playing though one and two, and I so appreciate these writers have guts. I'm still playing through 2 now, but it makes me happy to hear 3 is definitely being released.

I've heard though that 3 and 4 don't make sense without having played the Crossbell games, which makes me sad because I don't think I'll get to play those as long as they aren't localized.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shenl742



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:24 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
Oh man, I just started playing though one and two, and I so appreciate these writers have guts. I'm still playing through 2 now, but it makes me happy to hear 3 is definitely being released.

I've heard though that 3 and 4 don't make sense without having played the Crossbell games, which makes me sad because I don't think I'll get to play those as long as they aren't localized.


The same tweet that mentioned the possibility of former XSEED translators working on Cold Steel III said that the Crossbell games are "in the conversation", so here's hoping....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
professorwho



Joined: 11 Aug 2017
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Boo... Hate NISA.

Guess I'll play the Japanese version with a dictionary for all the Kanji I can't recognise...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel



Joined: 11 Dec 2016
Posts: 114
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quote
YES!

News I wanted to hear for quite a while now.

It will definitely be worth the wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1127
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:26 pm Reply with quote
great news to hear, now how about the Crossbell games?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group