• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Mix Baseball Anime, Reveals Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
The fact that Funimation are doing a same day simuldub for a baseball anime after they lost money on Big Windup really shows how far sports anime have come here in the west
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
The fact that Funimation are doing a same day simuldub for a baseball anime after they lost money on Big Windup really shows how far sports anime have come here in the west

This one has Mitsuru Adachi's name attached to it, which is probably why FUNimation bothered with this one.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Never thought I'd see the day a Mitsuru Adachi baseball anime gets dubbed, but here we are! I guess someone at FUNi knew how good Cross Game was and made sure to give this one a home that'll actually treat it well. *ahem*Viz*ahem*.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I honestly wasn't expecting for FUNimation to take a chance on this since they generally avoided sports shows in the past. I was thinking that Crunchryoll would've nabbed it instead.

Nonetheless, will check out the dub.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm so buying this once it's released on Bluray....assuming it does. I need more licenced Adachi anime in my life and this is the best way to start and I'd kill for a Touch home release. (I wouldn't but please Funimation/Discotek ...anyone except Viz.)
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Although the manga makes me skeptical of its comparable quality to his other series, I'm glad to see it get some attention. Even if I have no plans to bother with the dub. I'm more or less paying for the Funimation subscription only for Mix (the other exclusives aren't bad, but I might have waited for free releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
This one has Mitsuru Adachi's name attached to it, which is probably why FUNimation bothered with this one.

Sadly his name doesn't mean much in America. No Adachi anime has ever been released on home video here and the only manga that have been released are Cross Game and two volumes of Short Program. I can't believe that Funimation's not only streaming Mix, but dubbing it too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1