• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Made in Abyss Compilation Anime Film Screens in U.S. Theaters on March 20, 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casenumber00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
Its going to be funny when twitter or Facebook posts come out of moms taking their kids to see it and denounce the movie have having "inappropriate" stuff in a kids cartoon.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 am Reply with quote
I can't imagine Made in Abyss will have a wide enough release to catch the attention of mainstream parents. This will be the kind of movie that only the hardcore otaku that keep up with anime movies will go see. I do wonder though what these movies will be rated in the US.
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
casenumber00 wrote:
Its going to be funny when twitter or Facebook posts come out of moms taking their kids to see it and denounce the movie have having "inappropriate" stuff in a kids cartoon.

Lol, I'll be bringing my kid when I go see it. But yeah, I doubt there will be enough promotion for it to have kids asking to go see it.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
#Synaesthesia wrote:
casenumber00 wrote:

Lol, I'll be bringing my kid when I go see it. But yeah, I doubt there will be enough promotion for it to have kids asking to go see it.

....casenumber00 isn't alluding to a lack of promotion but is commenting on Made in Abyss' content.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I can't imagine Made in Abyss will have a wide enough release to catch the attention of mainstream parents. This will be the kind of movie that only the hardcore otaku that keep up with anime movies will go see. I do wonder though what these movies will be rated in the US.

This 1st movie PG13. The 2nd movie R,definitely R(or NC 17 lol),really depends on how it's censored.
------
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:

....casenumber00 isn't alluding to a lack of promotion but is commenting on Made in Abyss' content.

I assume that the logic goes like this: because the movie is unlikely to be heavily promoted, most kids won't know about it and therefore won't beg their parents to go see it, thereby avoiding any content issues entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1