• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime's 1st Animated Promo Unveils Main Cast, Additional Staff

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthSomebody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited for this adaptation. Besides one or two CGI scenes, everything looked spectacular.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will air on television and stream exclusively on Amazon Prime both in Japan and overseas next year.

The trailer says 2019, tho...

Well, the animation seems good, but i'm still afraid of the CGI... ;x
Changeman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
A spectacular 2D of these and people only notice the 2 seconds of CG, huh?

No wonder they say only bad things get attention.
Marzan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 am Reply with quote
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, this looks freaking spectacular. Can't wait for an airing date. Also, great to have Yutoka Yamada on board. I love his ost for Tokyo Ghoul so I'm sure he'll do a great job
Changeman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:29 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
I'm stoked, CGI or not. I still cannot believe this manga I started reading eons ago got an adaptation. I'm only missing Ubel Blatt for my manga adaptation life to be complete (Dorohedoro getting one too!).

About the only negative is that its on Prime. Making Mr, Bezos even richer rubs me the wrong way,

Both amazon and crunchyroll have problems, but at least I've never heard of amazon having a "censored" or modified version compared to what was shown on Japanese TV.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Looks great. I need to start the manga at some point.

Last edited by alconnow_ on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Marzan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am Reply with quote
Changeman wrote:
Marzan wrote:

Both amazon and crunchyroll have problems, but at least I've never heard of amazon having a "censored" or modified version compared to what was shown on Japanese TV.

Oh, I do not doubt that. It's more the fact of having to pay for another streaming service just to watch this. One that belongs to the richest man in the world as it is.
Changeman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Changeman wrote:
Marzan wrote:

Oh, I do not doubt that. It's more the fact of having to pay for another streaming service just to watch this. One that belongs to the richest man in the world as it is.

But at least it seems worth it.
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 am Reply with quote
Hmm, it looks good for the most part. I'll wait for another PV to get a better grasp.

However two things either irk or confuse me:

Irk: the CG clashes with the beautifully animated 2D segments.

Confused: I would think this anime would be animating the Prologue Arc, but they showed Sigurd twice, unless that's his dad in a flashback. Either way, they're not relevant until after the Ketil Farm arc. Why are they shown? I just hope it isn't rushed.
DarthSomebody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:
Confused: I would think this anime would be animating the Prologue Arc, but they showed Sigurd twice, unless that's his dad in a flashback. Either way, they're not relevant until after the Ketil Farm arc. Why are they shown? I just hope it isn't rushed.

It's spoiler[Halfdan. He already appears in chapter 3.]
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
dissapointed to see the generic soldiers CGs, guess that's normal these days
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, this looks fantastic some people seriously need to get over their CGI-phobia...! My excitement for this adaption has reached new heights now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
I'm with the rest of you, the animation looks nice, but the CG scenes are off pointing.
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:
Is the prologue arc ideal for a 2 cour show?
DarthSomebody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Is the prologue arc ideal for a 2 cour show?

Yes, 2 cour would be perfect for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3