• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Season 2 Airs April 2 Special Before April 9 Hulu Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
According to my Viz newsletter email, the Hulu stream is exclusive in the US. Wonder how Viz will stream it in the other territories they have the rights for (Latin America, Canada, Oceania, etc), since Hulu is US only, and Daisuke is dead.

Also, I think it should also be mentioned that the entire One Punch Man manga backlog is now on Shonen Jump! Smile
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
According to my Viz newsletter email, the Hulu stream is exclusive in the US. Wonder how Viz will stream it in the other territories they have the rights for (Latin America, Canada, Oceania, etc), since Hulu is US only, and Daisuke is dead.

The article lists some of the other services that will also stream the series overseas. (For example, AnimeLab will stream it in Australia and New Zealand.)
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if Netflix will allow Season 2 to be air on Toonami? The First season revitalized Toonami.
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Can they just release another trailer so we can find out if their animation compares to Madhouse or BONES?
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:13 am Reply with quote
I just disagree with that part in the text: "The Madhouse has excited the first season." Wrong! The right one would be "Shingo Natsume and his contacts, animators of talent, animated the first season". The Madhouse is nothing, just an empty shell.

For me these producers of this new season are very willing to lose money, because for all these disastrous changes, only a miracle could make it worth the new season.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:17 am Reply with quote
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:
Can they just release another trailer so we can find out if their animation compares to Madhouse or BONES?

The problem is not the studio, the problem is the director. The Madhouse does not have the ability to make that animation without a director like Natsume. Contrary to what people think Madhouse barely has talented entertainers working for the studio, they need far more directors with good freelance contacts than most studios.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz Media announced that it will start streaming the first subtitled episode as a Hulu exclusive on April 9, "the same day as Japanese broadcast."
On the same day as it broadcasts in Japan? This is amazing, I hope they do the same thing with other shows, we could call them Simultaneous Broadcasts, or Simulcasts for short.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:40 am Reply with quote
Wow that's amazing news for us Canadians! I can't wait.
Mocha Shiori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
I was hoping for a Crunchyrol premiere myself, but I'm fine with Hulu.

But yaaaaay, April 2nd~
Mocha Shiori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 am Reply with quote
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:

Studios don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, sure in some cases they really do, but they also said they were bringing back a ton of the animators whom worked on the first season, you do realize most of them were freelancers, right?
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:40 am Reply with quote
Huh if this is a Hulu exclusive then that means it might not air on Toonami which is sad because an incomplete run is always a tragedy.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Huh if this is a Hulu exclusive then that means it might not air on Toonami which is sad because an incomplete run is always a tragedy.

Well technically the article makes no mention of the Dub. Only the Sub version. So it could in theory still could as long as Hulu doesn’t also have exclusive rights to the Dub.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Remember that Season 1 was also on Hulu (and Daisuki, which doesn't exist anymore), and still aired on Toonami, so there's no reason to think S2 couldn't also end up there eventually.
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Miss Shiori wrote:
HeWhoSlapsAll wrote:

Studios don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, sure in some cases they really do, but they also said they were bringing back a ton of the animators whom worked on the first season, you do realize most of them were freelancers, right?

I get that. I just want to visually see that they did get those same freelancers or maybe some talented webtoon animators.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1