• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Natsuzora Live-Action Series About Early Anime Industry Taps Ghibli, Toei Veterans for His

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Just curious, does this have a chance of coming to the US in some form?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness did, so I see no reason why this should not either.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:54 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:

Natsuzora is one of the NHK Asa-dra (morning dramas).
Amachan, a recent-ish big-hit Asa-dra, was broadcast also in some Asian countries outside Japan. But I have not heard that even Amachan, which was a huge hit, was widely broadcast in the States. (It seems that a Hawaiian cable TV station for Japanese-Americans broadcast Amachan, though.) Since Mr Gilles Poitras said that he had watched some NHK Taiga Dramas in the San Francisco Bay Area, I would not say that the chances of Natsuzora's being broadcast in the States are none, however.
If NHK World Japan ventured to broadcast TV dramas, maybe Asa-dra, too, could be seen in the States.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:00 am Reply with quote
Reaaaaaally would like to watch this, but the chance that this will get an official english translation are close to zero and I doubt that any fan group is willing to sub 156 episodes :<
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I’m interested in asadora ever since marathoning the fantastic Hiyokko in 2017. Looking forward to this! I canceled my NHK video "subscription" (or rather, it cancels itself because you purchase for 1 month, not as a subscription). I like the current asadora Manpuku, but it was not compelling enough for me to watch 6 episodes a week. Maybe I’ll catch up at a later date.

Narutofreak1412 wrote:
Reaaaaaally would like to watch this, but the chance that this will get an official english translation are close to zero and I doubt that any fan group is willing to sub 156 episodes :<

Most of the recent asadora have been fansubbed, I think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1