• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Announces Player's Valentine Character Picks on White Day

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Quite surprising they're both characters appearing in Pokemon White.

More seriously, they're both 9 years old games and the characters re still as popular.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
Quite surprising they're both characters appearing in Pokemon White.

More seriously, they're both 9 years old games and the characters re still as popular.

That very well may be the joke and influenced the polling. Japanese polls and popularity rankings are often riddled with joke and pun answers reaching the top spots. To take the poll at face value. Black and White was purposely aimed at a slightly older audience. It was the first Pocket Monsters game that had a kanji option for the text. All the previous games used simplistic hiragana/katakana because kanji is too difficult for children to understand. It was memorable for a lot of Japanese players because of this.

N is not a surprise to me since he has always been popular with girls. I always assumed Nobori and Kudari were more popular, but them being separate characters may have split the votes. Kamitsure does confuse me. Lilly is objectively more popular than her and has the benefit of current popularity. I am also sure Fuuro was more popular as far as female character in Black and White goes. As said, the votes may have had ulterior motives. It is also a Twitter poll, and not everyone uses Twitter. Currently the official Poke Times Twitter is being spammed by fans asking them to sell the wall scrolls to everyone because they want them.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I can not be the only person that was absolutely convinced that N had a thing for the main character in Pokemon Black/White. I'm still not over it. I want them to be together, I was so angry there was no love confession at the end of that game (although realistically I know that wouldn't happen in a Pokemon game).
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 am Reply with quote
TsubomiKoneko wrote:
I can not be the only person that was absolutely convinced that N had a thing for the main character in Pokemon Black/White. I'm still not over it. I want them to be together, I was so angry there was no love confession at the end of that game (although realistically I know that wouldn't happen in a Pokemon game).

Well it was more or less implied during Brendan' & May's date in ORAS. Then there is all the subtext with Sun X Lillie Implying how much they like other. Still you're right there hasn't been outright confession in games but I think we are getting there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1