• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: The World Next Door

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
It's funny that years ago no one would have thought that games with "sim-like" elements would sell. No one cared. Now...all of a sudden there's a demographic supporting it. And it's almost everywhere. Especially now with the mobile generation.

I've seen the game. Looks great. Too bad we can't own it for our collection. Music is great. I still haven't seen anyone explain the game mechanics. I have no clue how the system works. Just people playing but no explanation of how it works. Maybe that will come later. Since the game just dropped. Glad to know that this game has a sound story line.
coates32
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I've seen the game. Looks great. Too bad we can't own it for our collection. Music is great. I still haven't seen anyone explain the game mechanics. I have no clue how the system works. Just people playing but no explanation of how it works. Maybe that will come later. Since the game just dropped. Glad to know that this game has a sound story line.

Assuming you don't mind playing this game on PC, it is available on GOG. As for me, I hope it does well even though it is not my kind of game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:32 pm Reply with quote
coates32 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Assuming you don't mind playing this game on PC, it is available on GOG. As for me, I hope it does well even though it is not my kind of game.

I'm not really a PC gamer. Sadly we can't do much with it as we don't have a PC library of games. We just started getting in Switch and I want to get in more cartridge based games because we're realized that online doesn't work on a school wide system when people want to use their own accounts. So best to keep physical on hand. Since we've never did PC in the past we can't do it now.
coates32
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

I'm not really a PC gamer. Sadly we can't do much with it as we don't have a PC library of games. We just started getting in Switch and I want to get in more cartridge based games because we're realized that online doesn't work on a school wide system when people want to use their own accounts. So best to keep physical on hand. Since we've never did PC in the past we can't do it now.

That is a bummer as that store sell games drm-free. Maybe in a few months, Limited Run games will make limited for this game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm Reply with quote
coates32 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

That is a bummer as that store sell games drm-free. Maybe in a few months, Limited Run games will make limited for this game.

I hope so but I wonder what their turnaround time is. But we purchased a lot of their games but they're still waiting to be cataloged. Because some librarians just don't like doing records from scratch and not many libraries have the games we have to pull a record from. Takes a little more time, easier if you have a physical game you can work from. But sometimes, there are just more important things to work on. LOL!! And if I raise a fuss I'll get in trouble. Digital games especially don't have much to work from so they end up very incomplete. So they end up being quick brief records just to make them available. But looks that experiment is dead on arrival. When you got 1000's of students playing their own accounts... Occulus for us might survive for us. But I want to build up the Switch a little more. I tried passing the idea of storing things on SD, but won't matter if it acts like the Wii and it's exclusive to it's system. The only way to win have a physical copy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1