Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Sarazanmai, Bungo Stray Dogs 3rd Season Anime


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 1178
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I was so worried Amazon would get Sarazanmai and it would never get a home video release or English dub. I'm so excited this means their reign over Noitamina is officially over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crabtree1



Joined: 14 Mar 2018
Posts: 61
Location: Aberdeenshire
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote
"The 11-episode series will premiere on April 11 on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block."

When did Amazon lose their noitamina exclusivity?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Ikuhara and Enokido, together again... in separate shows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sherris



Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Wait, aren't noitaminA shows Amazon-exclusive outside of Japan?! What's going on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Crabtree1 wrote:
"The 11-episode series will premiere on April 11 on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block."

When did Amazon lose their noitamina exclusivity?


The exclusivity deal probably expired at the end of 2018, considering Crunchyroll got The Promised Neverland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 1178
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
The Noitamina deal has expired and they chose not to renew it with Amazon. I guess it was back when The Promised Neverland aired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3344
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I did not know that the deal they had with Noitamina had expired, will this mean that Amazon won't be streaming any more new shows in the future or just from this channel.
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I was so worried Amazon would get Sarazanmai and it would never get a home video release or English dub.
A lot of shows from them have gotten home releases from Sentai, and I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
KitKat1721



Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.

Aw, I was hoping Funimation would get it since they would practically guarantee a dub (and I think Banana Fish would be better served in English). With Aniplex, it really depends on popularity.

I was pretty hopeful after The Promised Neverland appeared on almost every streaming service besides Amazon that Sarazanmai wouldn't be tied to the seemingly-finished Noitamina deal.

And with that last announcement, every airing show I'm looking forward to is on a streaming service (aside from the Carole & Tuesday Netflix holdout), so I can't complain.

[Do not double-post. Use the "Edit" button instead ~Zalis]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3344
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.

Aw, I was hoping Funimation would get it since they would practically guarantee a dub (and I think Banana Fish would be better served in English). With Aniplex, it really depends on popularity.
I'm not sure if Funiamtion would be interested in it at this point, they work around the clock on new titles, it seems unlikely they would be able to dub this. I mean they haven't picked up Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul, despite dubbing the previews shows.

I'm sure the show will get a dub under Aniplex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 1178
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
A lot of shows from them have gotten home releases from Sentai, and I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.
We still need home video releases for The Great Passage, After the Rain, and Wotakoi, which are the main shows I want BDs for that haven't been released yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Break Xerxes



Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Posts: 143
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
A lot of shows from them have gotten home releases from Sentai, and I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.

Where did you hear this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EiMs



Joined: 14 Jul 2018
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Ok deal is done. Now is a question is Amazon going to drop anime entirely or they going to keep twin engine exclusivity +- other anime and get 1-2 anime per season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 1178
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 pm Reply with quote
EiMs wrote:
Ok deal is done. Now is a question is Amazon going to drop anime entirely or they going to keep twin engine exclusivity +- other anime and get 1-2 anime per season.
Amazon has been licensing shows that weren't part of the Noitamina block even before the deal expired so I assume they'll keep licensing shows but it won't be an automatic deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kistune_bride



Joined: 06 Jul 2018
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:45 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.


Whelp *loads gun* Time to become a gangster and steal from a mafia boss so I can afford this show.


And hurray, goodbye Amazon exclusive. Hopefully Sentai will get the rights to release Sarazanmai. Show isn't even out yet but I already know I'll like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lossthief



Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
EiMs wrote:
Ok deal is done. Now is a question is Amazon going to drop anime entirely or they going to keep twin engine exclusivity +- other anime and get 1-2 anime per season.
Amazon has been licensing shows that weren't part of the Noitamina block even before the deal expired so I assume they'll keep licensing shows but it won't be an automatic deal.


Granted, their licenses have all but disappeared. Even during their Noitamina/Animeism deals they were usually only grabbing around 5 shows a season themselves. Sentai's deal with them in 2017 bolstered their library some, but once Sentai packed up and moved to HiDive they've had outside of their TV Block deals were:

Kokkoku
Dropkick on My Devil
Karakuri Circus
Dororo

and with these latest titles it's looking like Amazon doesn't have anything new from this season, unless they belatedly pick up Hangyaku-sei Million Arthur's second season, or the I'm From Japan! shorts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group