Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Produces FMA: Brotherhood Director Yasuhiro Irie's Eden Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
#Synaesthesia



Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Kevin Penkin soundtrack? count me in Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calsolum



Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 713
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm Reply with quote
That title is a bit confusing
Quote:
Netflix Produces FMA: Brotherhood Director Yasuhiro Irie's Eden Anime

Dunno about anyone else but I had to click on the article to figure out what it meant.
Maybe "Netflix Produces Eden by Yasuhiro (the) Director of FMA: Brotherhood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
animemaster1
Otaku ExtraordinaireOtaku Extraordinaire


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 77
Location: Beverly Hills
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
That title is a bit confusing
Quote:
Netflix Produces FMA: Brotherhood Director Yasuhiro Irie's Eden Anime

Dunno about anyone else but I had to click on the article to figure out what it meant.
Maybe "Netflix Produces Eden by Yasuhiro (the) Director of FMA: Brotherhood"


No, but it would be better if it read: "Netflix Produces Eden by FMA: Brotherhood Director Yasuhiro Irie"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 415
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:28 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty interesting... hope it's not CGI though Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3665
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Looks pretty interesting... hope it's not CGI though Confused

That poster screams CG to me, and CGCG is a CG studio in Japan. Qubic Pictures is Justin Leach's production offices, so I assume all the animation work is done at CGCG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 415
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:46 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
Looks pretty interesting... hope it's not CGI though Confused

That poster screams CG to me, and CGCG is a CG studio in Japan. Qubic Pictures is Justin Leach's production offices, so I assume all the animation work is done at CGCG.

Thought so... thanks for the confirmation though... oh well, keeping low expectations for this then Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3344
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
configspace wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
Looks pretty interesting... hope it's not CGI though Confused

That poster screams CG to me, and CGCG is a CG studio in Japan. Qubic Pictures is Justin Leach's production offices, so I assume all the animation work is done at CGCG.

Thought so... thanks for the confirmation though... oh well, keeping low expectations for this then Sad
Netflix loves CG, and I think believes that fans love it too. Which is a shame given the staff that are involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Steve Minecraft



Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Netflix loves CG, and I think believes that fans love it too. Which is a shame given the staff that are involved.


I assume Netflix aims all it's stuff at a general American audience rather than anime fans, so them picking up/financing CG shows make sense since that's the standard in the west these days. Same reason they hold onto a show all season and then drop it at the end for people to bingewatch which most anime fans hate as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3633
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Really nice staff, I'm interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group