• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Winter 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Can I just point out real quick that the finale of A Certain Magical Index III doesn't air until tomorrow, so this is really premature?

And that isn't just some strange scheduling thing either. This is finale week in general. Index just happens to air at the tail end of it. And there are anime that aren't being reviewed that are yet to air their finales as well.

Anyway, basically, you've counted Index's penultimate episode twice as if it were the finale and are forcing it to go up against all the other finales.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Asuka bombed in ratings, I don't expect a second season, although I probably could say it's a good thing...
SchrödingerNeko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:29 am Reply with quote
*Fingers crossed* for a S.2 of Kaguya-Sama: Love is War!
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:
Can I just point out real quick that the finale of A Certain Magical Index III doesn't air until tomorrow, so this is really premature?

Yeah, sometimes that happens. A series that ends 1 or 2 weeks after the new season started. It's annoying to have an incomplete ranking, but there's a limit to how much we'll wait for stragglers. Afaik Index is the only one of the series in the ranking with that issue, and it's not competing for the top spot either. The simulcast started just minutes ago, and we'd have to wait for the review to be written, and then wait for votes to trickle in... that would push the final ranking to April 9 or more.

Maybe around then I'll update the ranking to include Index ep 26, for completion's sake.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sekaro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 pm Reply with quote
So in the end, The Promised Neverland won the battle but lost the war to Mob Psycho 100 Laughing
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:02 pm Reply with quote
The cumulative ratings are the same as MAL's user ratings.

I have not watched MobPycho yet but I think that Promised Neverland was as good as its ratings say, one of the rare cases as I usually end up a bit disappointed with those universally acclaimed shows among fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I congratulate W'z for never once losing its slot.
gsilver

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Are they just not doing a weekly rankings for spring 2019? The season is half over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1