• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Home Cloud Service Lets Players Trade Pokémon Across Games

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I see now, so this is how they’ll connect Bank from the 3DS.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon bank was a nightmare but lets hope this is better.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

legit only reason i even paid for it was for the legit copy of a certain legendary pkmn.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:52 am Reply with quote
If this game does a good connect for 3DS and Switch, i am hoping if i can get one for smartphone.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:24 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

What issue have you had with Bank? I've had it for a good few years now and I've never had any issues with it crop up. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:28 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

What issue have you had with Bank? I've had it for a good few years now and I've never had any issues with it crop up. Confused

I believe it's referring to the issues that happened in Japan when the app first launched in which there was so much traffic it lead to server outages which also lead to the app's launch being delayed in places like the U.S.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 am Reply with quote
Hot dang, it's just gonna do all the things, isn't it? This will be interesting to use, that's for sure.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

You needed an completely different app to bring over Pokemon from gen V, you couldn't have them hold any items even if they were going to a game in the same generation, the rewards were lackluster after the initial Celebi, and most importantly they would wipe your entire bank if you forgot to pay after some arbitrary amount of time which is what happened to me.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
You needed an completely different app to bring over Pokemon from gen V, you couldn't have them hold any items even if they were going to a game in the same generation, the rewards were lackluster after the initial Celebi, and most importantly they would wipe your entire bank if you forgot to pay after some arbitrary amount of time which is what happened to me.

Wait they erase your Pokemon?

I thought you just couldn't access them. Welp, there go about 500 breeding rejects or so.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

Ah yeah, I forgot about Pokemon Transporter (I think it's called). That was a bit annoying and definitely time consuming, but I was just thankful that at least there was still a method to get them from previous games.

The bank payment thing I agree is pretty asinine in how it's set up though. I don't know why they can't just have it set on an auto-payment thing (especially since it's so cheap, it's not like it'll suddenly break most people when it auto-pulls it out). The worst part is you can't pay for the new year's service until there's only like a week left on the current subscription, a fact I discovered when I had like a month left last year and tried to pay early but couldn't. So you're basically forced to try and remember an extremely specific date range to go pay for it again (something I have to do again soon come to think of it).

This does raise a question too - will Pokemon Home be it's own further payment, and if so, how much on top of Box?

FilthyCasual wrote:
Wait they erase your Pokemon?

I thought you just couldn't access them. Welp, there go about 500 breeding rejects or so.

I believe the way I saw it explained in the past was that they will lock the account, and it may not be deleted for a week to a month later if they still don't receive payment, but it's the sort of thing one doesn't really want to risk if they plan to keep the account, because you realistically just never know how quickly after the delete hammer will fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

The bank payment thing I agree is pretty asinine in how it's set up though. I don't know why they can't just have it set on an auto-payment thing

Unless they're going to make it so that when auto-payment is turned off it stays off (Which is something that doesn't happen with things like PS+ and Xbox Live) be thankful it doesn't have that.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:30 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

The bank payment thing I agree is pretty asinine in how it's set up though. I don't know why they can't just have it set on an auto-payment thing

Unless they're going to make it so that when auto-payment is turned off it stays off (Which is something that doesn't happen with things like PS+ and Xbox Live) be thankful it doesn't have that.

I would definitely want it to work properly and stay off if someone turned it off and/or canceled their subscription, yeah. In my own case though, which is with the new Shonen Jump subscription through Viz, having an auto-payment pull out the amount needed to continue my subscription every month rather than me having to try and remember to pay it has been pretty handy.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:42 am Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this. It would be nice to have a pokémon bank I can access on my Switch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1