• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Shin Godzilla, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Your Name is a beautiful film. I already have the BD but I'm glad to see it's streaming somewhere so more fans can watch it. I'm also glad to see Funimation streaming more movies. But why are they only streaming it for such a limited time?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Your Name is a beautiful film. I already have the BD but I'm glad to see it's streaming somewhere so more fans can watch it. I'm also glad to see Funimation streaming more movies. But why are they only streaming it for such a limited time?

Just a guess but it's probably a prelude to the movie rental thing they were talking about when they introduced the new tiers where it said it was coming soon.
brammerhammer23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
After watching Godzilla King of the Monsters I wanted to go and watch Shin Godzilla so this will be the perfect chance for me to do so without buying it. This is great news. I already own the other releases on bluray btw.
idkAlan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Could be because they may not have a long term streaming contract with the owners.

Since Funimation pretty much goes for digital and physical purchases for their films but not streaming, as opposed to their shows
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1