• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Film Opens in Japan in June 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 pm Reply with quote
So....this is THE end huh. Although for now, I pretty much forgot a big chunk of Movie 3’s plot (probably just me lol) , I will probably find time to revisit it next year before watching the final installment.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm Reply with quote
It feels surreal this is finally happening. I'm excited to see what Anno has planned for us.
Dante80

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am Reply with quote
W00t!, finally a concrete date. The poster shows a kitbashed view of something like the Tokyo Tower from below. I wonder why they chose this depiction.
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 am Reply with quote
Dante80 wrote:
W00t!, finally a concrete date. The poster shows a kitbashed view of something like the Tokyo Tower from below. I wonder why they chose this depiction.

If you want to know the significance of this visual.... Watch the first 10 minutes. You can find it easily on YouTube.
Dante80

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks. I didn't when it came out, I'd prefer to wait for the whole movie.
AA751

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:19 am Reply with quote
OMG, I've gotten so excited about this since seeing the Paris special Presentation.

I can't wait.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am Reply with quote
yet another "End of- End of" movie? This is Anno taking the piss again. Laughing
steelmirror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't even have hype for these movies anymore. All that's left is a mild desire to see it all finally be over, tempered by the expectation that I'm probably going to be underwhelmed by it when it's all said and done.

That said, the original is still amazing and I just watched through it again on Netflix. Holds up, and makes me love the accomplishments of the series so much more considering how the cinematic versions fell short with waaay more time and money.

Well the movies always have some great spectacle, so at least that will almost certainly be entertaining.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Finally...
In my case that "finally" is not "I finally get some sort of resolution" it is "I can finally start watching them". As I knew from the beginning that it would take a loooong time for all of the movie series to finish (although I initially still figured half this time) and decided from the first release not to watch them until completion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Finally...
In my case that "finally" is not "I finally get some sort of resolution" it is "I can finally start watching them". As I knew from the beginning that it would take a loooong time for all of the movie series to finish (although I initially still figured half this time) and decided from the first release not to watch them until completion.

I'm honestly curious how you come to this sort of conclusion. What's your mindset going into film series and what-not? Never come across this mindset before.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
You've never come across someone who refuses to watch a series until it's finished?
Plenty of people do it.

Part of the rationale is how much you really want to commit to something. And commit to re-watching something. How much do you care? Haven't you ever read or watched something that takes years and feel it's a chore to revisit previous chapters to remind yourself?

I realized I'd like to watch this story... but I didn't want to keep rewatching it. Look above:

Quote:
So....this is THE end huh. Although for now, I pretty much forgot a big chunk of Movie 3’s plot (probably just me lol) , I will probably find time to revisit it next year before watching the final installment.

I do not have Engineering Nerd's problem. I'll be watching it all at once.

If I really love something I don't have much problem rewatching it. But NGE is not something I "love" and when you know Anno is notorious for missing deadlines and getting distracted and putting off until "later"- this is a very prudent decision.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1