• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown Theatrical Anime's Promo Video Reveals February 1 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:00 am Reply with quote
Really hope this comes stateside.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
tf? it's a movie and they are bathing in towels ? not only that but the snow makes it even harder to suspend disbelief unlike other onsen towel scenes. 0/10 won't watch.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
Oh, now I'm sure it's based off the 5th novel. If the movie is a solid adaptation, it'll be amazing. At this rate though, the third novel will never be animated, not the biggest loss, but still somewhat of a shame.
pwnagemaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Oh, now I'm sure it's based off the 5th novel. If the movie is a solid adaptation, it'll be amazing. At this rate though, the third novel will never be animated, not the biggest loss, but still somewhat of a shame.

I'm not too concerned if they never animate vol. 3. It's the most harem-y Goblin Slayer gets, and one of the things I like about GS is that it has all these girls without being a harem. Most of the time they're just sort of vaguely interested. That said, I would like to see Priestess in her ceremonial dress, and I'd also like to see her (minor spoiler) spoiler[ land her first proper melee hit on a goblin ].
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 pm Reply with quote
pwnagemaster wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

I'm not too concerned if they never animate vol. 3. It's the most harem-y Goblin Slayer gets, and one of the things I like about GS is that it has all these girls without being a harem. Most of the time they're just sort of vaguely interested.

Both Guild Girl and Cow Girl had clear feelings from Volume 1 though. Same with Sword Maiden at the end of V2
pwnagemaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Both Guild Girl and Cow Girl had clear feelings from Volume 1 though. Same with Sword Maiden at the end of V2

Yeah, but it never really dwells on that until the festival arc. Before, it was a matter of, "Hey, this girl likes GS. Now that that's out of the way, back to the action! (or at least some short SoL scene)" The festival arc seemed like it dragged on and on about how much the girls liked him and were looking forward to the festival.
megazero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 am Reply with quote
The trailer did a good job on having an international appeal despite this is only meant for the Japanese theatrical release.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1