• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! Manga Takes 1-Week Break So Author Can Do Research

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 am Reply with quote
After reading this weeks chapter I can't say I'm surprised he needs to take time out for research. I admit I was shocked after reading it, some fans expected it but others are not too happy. I'm looking forward to reading this new arc, new characters but hopefully lots of the old ones as well.
chronium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 am Reply with quote
I'm a little bit disappointed about the decision but I'm more annoyed that a spoiler[exact number of years was not given so I can have a better guess of what is going on.]
leongsh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
We'll know more when the new arc begins in 2 weeks. For now, let's trust Furudate sensei. He has not disappointed in delivering the first arc.
blackxmist18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:11 am Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
I'm a little bit disappointed about the decision but I'm more annoyed that a spoiler[exact number of years was not given so I can have a better guess of what is going on.]

What do you mean? They did though...spoiler[it's in the latest chapter on the last page how many years went by. Which was 7 years]
Vycey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
This week's chapter felt almost like a classic rushed Shonen Jump ending.

blackxmist18 wrote:
chronium wrote:

What do you mean? They did though...spoiler[it's in the latest chapter on the last page how many years went by. Which was 7 years]

Some translations might've gone with spoiler["several years later", which is a different thing from 7 years later, but the official English translation just goes with "years later" and leaves how long it has been as a bit of a mystery.] We'll just have to wait a couple of weeks to see what's up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1