• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Author: Dream Eater Merry Manga Has 'Small Amount Remaining'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 am Reply with quote
Remember watching this anime in the period where I really started to delve into series that weren't "mainstream" (I had only really seen DBZ, Pokemon, and Sailor Moon as a kid).

This was a series I actually really enjoyed, sad that it never got licensed. The world that the anime showed looked interesting. I honestly had no idea that the manga was still ongoing.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:57 am Reply with quote
I knew the ending announcement would come soon, i will miss this serie Crying or Very sad
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
this show introduced me to Ayane Sakura. I'll never forget that I know there's like a 0.1% chance but I'd like a proper adaptation of the whole thing
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow if only 23 volumes were released how many volumes had been released when the anime was made?
Joa

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Wow if only 23 volumes were released how many volumes had been released when the anime was made?

There were 5 volumes out when the anime aired. The anime only adapted the first two volumes and then the last few episodes are original.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Joa wrote:
There were 5 volumes out when the anime aired. The anime only adapted the first two volumes and then the last few episodes are original.

Eeewww... The sad harsh reality that anime = advertisement for manga. Making a faithful and proper animated adaptation covering the entire manga is of minor importance, and only if a series is really popular will they come back and make a proper adaptation, ex. Fullmetal Alchemist.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm only aware of this series from its characters showing up in Kirara Fantasia. A phone game is a much smaller advertising investment for Hobunsha/MTK than an anime. Seems we're getting welfare Engi soon, that'll be nice.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I *loved* this anime with its characters and unique dream concept....that is QUITE a lot of manga to read...but don't think that will stop me. Laughing

I have teeny tiny phone mascots of Merry and Yumeji. There is a figure of her I've wanted but never managed to get my hands on. Sad Her design is so cool.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like a series that actually has a strong cult-following.
I never knew this was actually that popular.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:20 pm Reply with quote
This is the main thing I know about the anime: "Anime Director's Regret For Failure of Yumekui Merry Disappoints Manga Author" - MAL news: https://myanimelist.net/news/10794333

That was sad to read, so it's good to see that people did enjoy the show. I've always figured I'll have to get in via the manga, if I ever do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1