• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GALS! Shōjo Manga Returns After 17 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Fujii clarified that the new run is not a spinoff, but a continuation of the manga's original serialization.

continue what exactly.. there was hardly anything going on. Laughing
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:22 am Reply with quote
This is one of those series that I think was perfectly fine staying in the past Confused Like a late 90's/early 2000's time capsule, you know?
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
This is one of those series that I think was perfectly fine staying in the past Confused Like a late 90's/early 2000's time capsule, you know?

Well, real life gyaru still exist even now, the manga could cover new styles and trends.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:

The author does not have to worry much about it. This is not serious work, so a large pass of time can be ignored as a convention. Not to mention that we had similar experience with more serious titles, remember the CCS sequel.
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 am Reply with quote
Yay! This was such a fun series! Not my favorite of all time or anything, but something fun to read. Looking forward to it!
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
Quote:
Fujii clarified that the new run is not a spinoff, but a continuation of the manga's original serialization.

continue what exactly.. there was hardly anything going on. Laughing

Does that mean the series is mostly episodic? Haven't read it, so that's why I asked.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what to make of this, I would like a definite conclusion to Ran and the black fella, but I wouldn't like them to shit in the pretty good original. Also, what are they going to make with the trends, are they going to adapt it to modern times, with smarphones and all that shit?
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:

It looks like kogals are making a comeback in the manga/anime scene, so I think this series was due for a continuation/reboot.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I was not expecting Gals to return. However I think being that this is going to happen I would have much prefer if Mihona either wrote a sequel to this story that takes place years later starring the progenies of the characters or rebooted the series to take place in more modern times, because otherwise I am with Mizuki-Takashima. I never quite like seeing stories that clearly take place in a certain time period but overtime beginning to feature stuff past that time period to stay relevant. It's quite odd for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1