• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shachō, Battle no Jikan Desu! Isekai Strategy RPG App Gets TV Anime in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:11 am Reply with quote
The character designs look pretty cool! Can't say I've played the app myself though.

...In the video...I wonder what the like-to-dislike ratio is all about?? Is this game really controversial somehow? Or are people just not happy with the trailer itself?
XSp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
I wonder what the like-to-dislike ratio is all about?? Is this game really controversial somehow? Or are people just not happy with the trailer itself?

Wild guess speculation here, with only the context given by the article... perhaps people didn't like the fact that a whole lot of high profile artists they were expecting new projects from, ended up in yet another pachislot game adaptation, with an isekai setting again?

The cute designs comes from Keroro Gunsou, absolute classic, plus the first Kemono Friends series which is already controversial in itself... the art is both iconic and kinda rare too, not many titles around with it yet.
So what people really wanted was a full manga or light novel adaptation or original works with those artists.

Then again, honestly, I have no idea. Personally, I guess I'd also like to see this type of art but in a story that was unrelated with a pachislot mobile game, and I'd probably rather see it in a non-isekai setting too... while I do like isekai stories, it's past the point of oversaturation these days.
Robiii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 pm Reply with quote
no.
principeinquisidor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima

That is because after the whole Kemono Friends debacle Mine Yoshizaki is taken as a shameless and cowardly traitor by a huge part of the Japanese netizens, the hatred generated by that treachery is so big that the live stream of the last episode of Kemono Friends has the record as the worst rated anime episode on Nicovideo with a total of 95.3% of 600000 users giving it an 5, going the scale from 1=pretty good to 5=pretty bad. Also, the drop on Blu-ray volumes sales from Kemono Friends 1 Volume 1 to Kemono Friends 2 Volume 1 as reported by Oricon is at a staggering 98.88%, going from KF1V1=40813 to KF2V1=458.
So yeah, this announcement has reignited the wrath of those persons so they have taken this announcement with nothing more than derision, making jokes like the game will get closed just before the anime broadcast and that the anime director will get kicked out after the anime is over so they can follow the pattern set by Kemofure, plus people calling out the cowardice of Yoshizaki for not showing up and taking responsibility for his actions and creations even when he is most needed, so the future prospects for this series are pretty bad and with a very high probability of getting the same treatment as KF2.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
...In the video...I wonder what the like-to-dislike ratio is all about?? Is this game really controversial somehow? Or are people just not happy with the trailer itself?

The game is new so it doesn't have much of a fan base which is why it only has a few dozen votes. My guess is that the people that dislike gatcha games, the isekai genre, and that had issues with this specific game would likely explain the downvotes since the game trailer looks fairly good.

principeinquisidor wrote:
That is because after the whole Kemono Friends debacle Mine Yoshizaki is taken as a shameless and cowardly traitor by a huge part of the Japanese netizens, the hatred generated by that treachery is so big that the live stream of the last episode of Kemono Friends has the record as the worst rated anime episode on Nicovideo with a total of 95.3% of 600000 users giving it an 5, going the scale from 1=pretty good to 5=pretty bad. Also, the drop on Blu-ray volumes sales from Kemono Friends 1 Volume 1 to Kemono Friends 2 Volume 1 as reported by Oricon is at a staggering 98.88%, going from KF1V1=40813 to KF2V1=458.

That doesn't make sense since Mine Yoshizaki was only the character designer for the Kemono Friends game and had no control over the anime. I get that some people were disappointed that he didn't speak up during the Kemono Friends incident but I doubt it would have done anything besides hurting his career. Kadokawa is the Google of the late night anime industry and they own the Kemono Friends franchise.
principeinquisidor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000

No, Mine Yoshizaki is not only the original character designer, he is the original creator of Kemono Friends as a franchise and mediamix, that comes to the point that he originally was credited as Concept Designer before and during the airing of the first TV series, but after the success of the anime and starting on with the first exposition on Parco he got its title renamed from "Concept Designer" to " Concept Designer (General Director)", so that is calling him the maximum authority on the Kemono Friends franchise.
And yes, Mine Yoshizaki did make the most basic lore of Kemofure and he did give basic input for the first TV series, for example, he wrote a script for the first episode of the first TV series, but that script got heavily edited by Tatsuki and after that all the scripts were done by Tatsuki.
Also, he continues working with Kemofure making sometimes new Friends or redesigning old designs and then there is the infamous Kemofure bible by Yoshizaki mentioned by Kimura (director of KF2) or the Kemono Friends World exposition done shortly after KF2 that was basically him putting more salt on the wounds of the Kemofure fandom.
So it does not matter how you try to spin it, there is a huge part of the Kemofure fandom hating Yoshizaki for what he has done, so this explains why this video got downvoted. Also, this is not the first time of this happening, the same thing happened with a collaboration video of Yoshizaki with Wacom.
So read the replies to this tweet and then read the replies to the article linked on that tweet and you will see a sea of hatred against Yoshizaki, there is already 713 replies on little less than one and half day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1