• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kageki Shojo!! Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews saji's Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I think it's safe to say we won't see any talking giraffes, right? Laughing

I still stand by this a rare moment to have a shoujo series be adapted into an anime that has a sizable female cast as leads, and it's not a magical girl or idol series. When was the last time we had that? Marimite? That airsoft gun series Sabagebu?
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I still stand by this a rare moment to have a shoujo series be adapted into an anime that has a sizable female cast as leads, and it's not a magical girl or idol series. When was the last time we had that? Marimite? That airsoft gun series Sabagebu?

Those even count? I don't know what was even the original Sabagebu aside of a pair of manga chapters that I watched but the anime was another thing. Marimite is old yuri (I said old because modern yuri is different)
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I’m so excited for this!

I hope Crunchyroll gets it, since I would like to take a break from the Funimation subscription and everything else I want to watch for summer is on CR.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 pm Reply with quote
There are only a few shows this summer season I'm excited for and this is absolutely one of them. Can't wait to finally watch it!
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:28 pm Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Those even count? I don't know what was even the original Sabagebu aside of a pair of manga chapters that I watched but the anime was another thing. Marimite is old yuri (I said old because modern yuri is different)

The thing is, outside of the aforementioned magical girl and idol series, primarily female casts have always been relatively uncommon in shoujo. Generally you get the female protagonist, a couple of close female friends, and then one or more male love interests; anything different is the exception. Even Kageki Shoujo started out in a seinen magazine.

(By the way, the answer to your question as 12-sai, which aired in 2016 and was never released officially in English.)
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:20 am Reply with quote
The show premieres on Saturday and nobodies called it yet......
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:04 am Reply with quote
FUNimation and Crunchyroll have unveiled their Summer 2021 line-up and this show isn't on either list. Sad I'm starting to worry this might be one of those titles we get a few months after it airs. Hopefully we'll get lucky with a last minute announcement. (maybe by an unexpected simulcaster like HIDIVE?)
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:29 am Reply with quote
At this stage of the game unless someone is about to pull a rabbit out of the hat no simulcast..I wonder why?.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1