• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Asteroid in Love Anime Listed With 12 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Just shows that animes with (mostly)12 episodes are become more common nowadays.
BSW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Were those ever not common?
Especially with these low budget CGDCT shows, I hardly remember any single one that was longer, save it for some few examples.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm Reply with quote
BSW wrote:

Yes. Dial the clock back at least 15 years, and 24-26 episode anime were FAR more common.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:04 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
BSW wrote:

Yes. Dial the clock back at least 15 years, and 24-26 episode anime were FAR more common.

More like 20 years ago.
BSW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
BSW wrote:

More like 20 years ago.

Is the same true for CGDCT series?
I remember stuff like Ichigo Mashimaro which had 13 episodes, or Galaxy Angel which had 26 episodes, but each divided into two ~12 minute episodes, so basically it was 13 episodes too, or Rozen Maiden which had 13 episodes each season, though that one doesn't really fit the category.
I'm not saying 24+ episodes didn't exist back then, but I think the short ones were always the most common, but now that the anime industry is more about being the cheapest advertisment possible for the bigger franchise, makes sense they rarely go for longer. Having a conclusion already proved to be unnecessary.
Maid S Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
this anime looks good.
~
秘密メイド Himitsu Maid
Maid S Runner
BSW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Actually, no, it doesn't.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:20 am Reply with quote
Maid S Runner wrote:
this anime looks good.
~
秘密メイド Himitsu Maid
Maid S Runner

I agree and after watching the first episode definitely looking forward to more.
BSW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:53 pm Reply with quote
The visuals were anything but spectacular. The characters and the interiors looking horrible was expected, but the night sky only looked alright on one occasion, and I really hope they'll do at least that one thing well, though that would mean putting some effort into it, which doesn't seem to be the case with this cheap filler project show.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm Reply with quote
BSW wrote:

Someone states their OPINION that they think the show looks good, and you go out of your way to make a couple posts attempting to tell them and another person otherwise. While also dumping on the show. Who would want to have a conversation with you about this? You're acting like a grumpy jerk that wants to invalidate the enjoyment of others, which only makes it look like having a reasonable conversation with you is impossible.

Go ahead and hate the series, but you're not going to change the minds of people enjoying the series by spewing hate.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:51 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
BSW wrote:

Someone states their OPINION that they think the show looks good, and you go out of your way to make a couple posts attempting to tell them and another person otherwise. While also dumping on the show. Who would want to have a conversation with you about this? You're acting like a grumpy jerk that wants to invalidate the enjoyment of others, which only makes it look like having a reasonable conversation with you is impossible.

Go ahead and hate the series, but you're not going to change the minds of people enjoying the series by spewing hate.

I see the kettle is calling the pot black. Dude just stated his own opinion as well.

If this was actually a show about astronomy I think id actually like this, but given the all girl casts, and this will probably be some yuri bait trash. I wouldnt even mind if it was slice of life but actually focusing on platonic relationships like friendship, but you know that never happens in these shows.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:53 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
HoboSoup wrote:
BSW wrote:

I see the kettle is calling the pot black. Dude just stated his own opinion as well.

If this was actually a show about astronomy I think id actually like this, but given the all girl casts, and this will probably be some yuri bait trash. I wouldnt even mind if it was slice of life but actually focusing on platonic relationships like friendship, but you know that never happens in these shows.
But HoboSoup is just making a statement about how BSW comments are perceived. He does not say he cant have an opinion. In fact he says the opposite in his post. BSW on the other hand is confrontational telling telling Maid S Runner his opinion is wrong and that the show does not look good. Stating an opinion is one thing but telling someone their opinion is wrong is just idiotic.
BSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 am Reply with quote
I'm just telling the show doesn't look good.
I know that most people watching shows on mobiles or far away from the screen don't see how bad over simplified bland stuff like this looks, but if you pay attention, you'll see how it is cheap in every aspect, aside from a few well animated bits.
I don't care if I don't change naive fanboys' enjoyment, I'm just clarifying it's the usual cheap production values expected for a CGDCT series before someone falls for the false glorification.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am Reply with quote
BSW wrote:
I'm just telling the show doesn't look good.
I know that most people watching shows on mobiles or far away from the screen don't see how bad over simplified bland stuff like this looks, but if you pay attention, you'll see how it is cheap in every aspect, aside from a few well animated bits.
I don't care if I don't change naive fanboys' enjoyment, I'm just clarifying it's the usual cheap production values expected for a CGDCT series before someone falls for the false glorification.

And I disagree. There are very easy ways to tell when something is cheap. Typically, if a show is only animating talking heads, that's the #1 sign that something is cheap. Yet take a look at 3:00 - 4:30ish timestamp and see how, despite this being a very simple conversation between the same 3 characters, the camera changes angles multiple times, we see a shot of the 3 walking down stairs, we see the teacher opening sliding doors and walking through, and more general shots to demonstrate movement. All of those shots take more effort than it would be to just keep the shot on the same two or three pivots as the characters talk back and forth to each-other talking-head style which is all too prevalent in shows like this. By going the extra mile and using various angles and zoomed out perspective shots, this clearly isn't just a simple talking heads show and therefore cannot be considered "cheap in every aspect".

And if you disagree, then use the format I just used. Provide a timestamp showing a decent length of time and talk in very specifics about why you think the animation in specific is "cheap in every aspect". By doing so, you would actually be formulating an argument and have at least have some basis to your opinion which, thus far, there hasn't been. So go ahead and state your case and let's see just how your non-mobile and non-fanboy perception is oh so superior to those of us who just can't seem to pay attention like you can.
BSW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I can disagree in different format too, or are you implying that your method is somehow objective perfection?
I'll raise you looking at where the series takes place, all backgrounds are simple, straight lined interiors, and completely sterile rooms without anything interesting, with boring digital colorization.
Add to that the simple style, and now compare it to, say, Yuru Camp.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2