• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream!'s Argonavis Male Band Anime Reveals More Cast, April 10 TV Debut in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:06 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch! Spring is going to be a good season for idol/music anime.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Bushiroad President Takaaki Kidani previously posted on Twitter that the male version of BanG Dream! has a different world setting from the existing BanG Dream!'s world setting. The characters from the two world settings will not intermingle, and he emphasized that the male version is a completely separate work. He added that he himself does not want to see male characters appear in the BanG Dream! franchise's existing world setting (except for the characters' fathers), although he noted that this is his personal opinion.

What a pasty ass munch, truly. These so-called leaders of companies in Japan are totally cowards. Not even worthy of being the passing peasant a samurai would test his new katana on. Rolling Eyes
HelloJamal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Bushiroad President Takaaki Kidani previously posted on Twitter that the male version of BanG Dream! has a different world setting from the existing BanG Dream!'s world setting. The characters from the two world settings will not intermingle, and he emphasized that the male version is a completely separate work. He added that he himself does not want to see male characters appear in the BanG Dream! franchise's existing world setting (except for the characters' fathers), although he noted that this is his personal opinion.

Then why have it carry the Bang Dream name then? Bang Dream shows how you can turn your franchise into a cancer. Love Live shows how you can keep your franchise healthy by keeping it as it is.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:10 am Reply with quote
HelloJamal wrote:
Then why have it carry the Bang Dream name then? Bang Dream shows how you can turn your franchise into a cancer. Love Live shows how you can keep your franchise healthy by keeping it as it is.
I agree, it's weird - it should be in same universe and they should interact.

But given weird attitude of some fans and fact that it worked for Idolm@ster, it's sensible decision to use well established brand to promote new project.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I am a little confused at why they make the show sound like a spin off when it isn't taking place in the same world and won't have cameos which is one of the purposes of making a spin off show. The demographic markets for female idol shows and male idol shows are as far apart as you can get so marketing it like a spin off seems like an odd decision. I guess that the brand name does increase the recognition a little since anime fans would have heard of it but this will basically be an original show.
HelloJamal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Dalek-baka wrote:
HelloJamal wrote:
I agree, it's weird - it should be in same universe and they should interact.

But given weird attitude of some fans and fact that it worked for Idolm@ster, it's sensible decision to use well established brand to promote new project.

You forgot about that new iM@S game where SideM was left out and fangirls weren't happy with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1