• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 07th Expansion Party 7 Event Delayed to November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm Reply with quote
who are the two women besides Beatrice in the center?
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

I believe the one in the middle is Rena (Higurashi), whilst the one on the left is the Ciconia protagonist.

And because I may as well (and I was curious), the ones in the back from l-r are

Higanbana from Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni
Alice from Trianthology: Sanmenkyō no Kuni no Alice
Leo & Rose from Rose Gun Days
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

I believe the one in the middle is Rena (Higurashi), whilst the one on the left is the Ciconia protagonist.

And because I may as well (and I was curious), the ones in the back from l-r are

Higanbana from Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni
Alice from Trianthology: Sanmenkyō no Kuni no Alice
Leo & Rose from Rose Gun Days

looks way too voluptuous and old for Rena. If it is her, that's why I don't like misleading new art designs.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
looks way too voluptuous and old for Rena. If it is her, that's why I don't like misleading new art designs.

It has to be Rena, otherwise there's no Higurashi representation, which would be silly. There's no one else that looks like this.
I don't know if this is a new "design" so much as a different artist drawing it than usual.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:48 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

It has to be Rena, otherwise there's no Higurashi representation, which would be silly. There's no one else that looks like this.
I don't know if this is a new "design" so much as a different artist drawing it than usual.

Rena is a cartoony looking teenager. That looks like an adult.

Anyways, it's nice R07 is still doing work. I recall he had rough times late into Umineko's development, which culminated in something that resulted in 9/10 people ridiculing and disliking him.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
Rena is a cartoony looking teenager. That looks like an adult

True, but that doesn't change the fact it's Rena.
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:36 pm Reply with quote
It's Rena from Higurashi and Miyao from Ciconia. They're just drawn in the Umineko manga art style, because Natsumi Kei did the illustration. That's all.

And 07th Expansion has actually been super active! They just haven't messed with the anime medium since the DEEN adaptations, although with the Higurashi remake, maybe that's changing too!

In the time after Umineko, they've produced:
Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (manga/lightnovel/game)
Rose Guns Days (manga/lightnovel/game)
TRianThology (manga/game)
Kamaiitachi no Yoru (game)
Iwaihime (manga/game)
Harem Royale: When The Game Ends (manga)
When The Fireflies Glow (manga)
Kaleidoscope of Phantasm Prison (game)
Ciconia: When They Cry

Not to mention all the Higurashi and Umineko projects, like the recent Switch and PS4 ports! The negative feedback to the Umineko Answer Arcs was widely exaggerated, and Ryukishi's had plenty of work this past decade.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
harminia wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

Rena is a cartoony looking teenager. That looks like an adult.

Anyways, it's nice R07 is still doing work. I recall he had rough times late into Umineko's development, which culminated in something that resulted in 9/10 people ridiculing and disliking him.

And it wasn't even his fault, it would take another 5 years for people to properly appreciate the masterwork that was Umineko. Nowadays with the manga helping to understand the plot and encouraging rereads, you will hardly even find people that actively hates on Umineko as much as most people did back when the fandom went hatedom, thankfully.

Mr. Dent wrote:
It's Rena from Higurashi and Miyao from Ciconia. They're just drawn in the Umineko manga art style, because Natsumi Kei did the illustration. That's all.

And 07th Expansion has actually been super active! They just haven't messed with the anime medium since the DEEN adaptations, although with the Higurashi remake, maybe that's changing too!

In the time after Umineko, they've produced:
Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (manga/lightnovel/game)
Rose Guns Days (manga/lightnovel/game)
TRianThology (manga/game)
Kamaiitachi no Yoru (game)
Iwaihime (manga/game)
Harem Royale: When The Game Ends (manga)
When The Fireflies Glow (manga)
Kaleidoscope of Phantasm Prison (game)
Ciconia: When They Cry

Not to mention all the Higurashi and Umineko projects, like the recent Switch and PS4 ports! The negative feedback to the Umineko Answer Arcs was widely exaggerated, and Ryukishi's had plenty of work this past decade.

Small correction there, but Kamaitachi no Yoru only had an exclusive scenario by the Ryu, for the remastered release.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:

Small correction there, but Kamaitachi no Yoru only had an exclusive scenario by the Ryu, for the remastered release.

I really wish we actually had an english version of that version of that game
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm more itching for an english release of Kaleidoscope Prison or Iwaihime, tbh! But more 07thy goodness of any persuasion will be welcomed with open arms!
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Rena's arm conveniently across Miyao's chest to hide it lmao they really will keep the mistery of their biological gender for a while it seems.]
Also can't wait for Ciconia Phase 2, I'm really curious how they'll hand the "phases" compared to Umineko's "arcs".
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
danpmss wrote:

I really wish we actually had an english version of that version of that game

Same - still holding out hope someone will port it to PC or Switch so that we can finally play it in English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1