• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Minako Kotobuki Reaches U.K. Despite COVID-19 Travel Restrictions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeydoa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean that Kongou is not going to appear in later episodes of Railgun T or were they previously recorded? I guess they can do it in a studio in the UK. Article missing perhaps one of Miss Kotobuki's most famous roles - Tsumugi Kotobuki from K-On!
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure that traveling to Europe isn't allowed here in the US but I don't think that's the case for Japan? Maybe I'm wrong.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Glad she made it safely and has a safe place to stay.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I can only hope that she stays safe while she's in the United Kingdom, because that country has reported over 11,000 confirmed cases so far.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope she manages to enjoy her stay, and most importantly stay safe.

We're at about 14k cases, the PM* and health secretary have both got it, and unfortunately things are likely to get a lot worse over the next few months Sad

I fear she'll probably not manage to study much formally, and get a lot of her English language work done by watching repeats and the news on TV rather than formal classes/.
On the plus side she's likely to be exposed to a lot more classic UK TV as we go into "calming, and reliable TV content" mode, and British comedy and word play especially if the BBC resorts to the old fall back of The Two Ronnies (for any unaware of them, google "four candles") and Dad's Army.

*He was shaking hands with anyone and everyone in hospital whilst doing his "we're all in this together" thing (I winced when I saw the clip).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1