• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konosuba Light Novel Series' 17th Volume Listed as Final One in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crh1985

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:09 am Reply with quote
Planning to go out when it is still popular

I love this series I have all the books I’m sad and happy it is doing a Gravity Falls
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 am Reply with quote
Its been fun and Akatsuki will likely end it on a high note. The only question now is whether it will end the same way as the WN or something completely new.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 am Reply with quote
I'm a couple of books behind, but I'm surprised it is going to end on the 17th. Where I left off feels like it should be further away from an ending than that. I am in favor of ending things before they're run into the ground, but I also really hope he can tie everything up.

Can we get the rest animated now please...? The books are good and all, but it isn't nearly as strong of an experience without the voice acting. The VAs do an amazing job with this series.
micah007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'm not caught up with the novels at all but this is really unexpected. I hope we get another anime season announcement soon, since this has been one of my favorite comedy series.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I'm a couple of books behind, but I'm surprised it is going to end on the 17th. Where I left off feels like it should be further away from an ending than that. I am in favor of ending things before they're run into the ground, but I also really hope he can tie everything up.

Can we get the rest animated now please...? The books are good and all, but it isn't nearly as strong of an experience without the voice acting. The VAs do an amazing job with this series.

I haven't watched the anime (outside of the OVAs, since they were original stories), but considering what's already been cut out, I'd rather stick to the novels.
There was a story in the second novel I wanted to see the anime version of, where spoiler[Kazuma and Dust first met and swapped parties for a day.] I wanted to see Dust's team animated. Turns out the anime skipped that story and just introduced Dust with some narration later.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:45 pm Reply with quote
So it's coming to end? That's too bad. I'm glad it's going have some kind ending instead of no ending.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:12 pm Reply with quote
TheOtakuX wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I haven't watched the anime (outside of the OVAs, since they were original stories), but considering what's already been cut out, I'd rather stick to the novels.
There was a story in the second novel I wanted to see the anime version of, where spoiler[Kazuma and Dust first met and swapped parties for a day.] I wanted to see Dust's team animated. Turns out the anime skipped that story and just introduced Dust with some narration later.

Yeah, really dumb choice that they did that considering it’s not the only time they appear. Hell, Dust has his on spinoff for f*ck’s sakes! Plus let’s not also forget spoiler[ Wiz’s introduction was completely glossed over, talk about shoehorning. Just like with Dust’s and Kazuma’s swap out, both of these two stories had enough material to merit their own respective episodes, or even finding a way to stuff these events into 1 episode,] which could have resulted in an 11 or 12 episode first season instead of 10. But hey, to that I say, “go read the LN.” Wink
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like an April's fool joke to me
Xavon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:53 pm Reply with quote
So if it is the last one in May, that means that all future volumes will be release in different months, right?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
So if it is the last one in May, that means that all future volumes will be release in different months, right?

That’s... how it’s always been?
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:08 am Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:
Sounds like an April's fool joke to me

This was my first thought. I never believe anything I hear this day.
Taresu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:51 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Its been fun and Akatsuki will likely end it on a high note. The only question now is whether it will end the same way as the WN or something completely new.
How did the WN end?
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 am Reply with quote
Taresu wrote:
GhostD wrote:
How did the WN end?

spoiler[Open ending. "The adventure goes on" style]
toprak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
This is the end of funny novel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1