Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Umineko When They Cry Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it’s rather amusing that they tended to swap the n-word for Indians, and then that became just as politically incorrect at the end of the day.

I think I may have to read these now (shock of shocks); I read the first two omnibuses a couple years back before my current manga predilections and they didn’t really grab me. But knowing there’s a long game makes me far more interested - as does the Christie connection.
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:08 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that you've enjoyed it so! A lot of people really hated the implication that spoiler[Beatrice was biologically male] so there was an enormous pushback to the culprit reveal initially. I'm glad that, especially with the manga's more explicit reveal, it's become easier to swallow in this modern day and age. Because, really, it was incredibly foreshadowed and the buildup was really very well done.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I only disliked it because it ruisn the impication of a certain character being lesbian,but otherwise was ok with it, I wonder how many more "hated" it by that reason as umineko is very yuri bait (bern and lambda, erika and dlanor).
Also, the manga, be it ebcasuse pacing, amde a very good job of putting rosa ina good light again, the novel kind of drowned a specific scene that really improves her character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1