• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Accelerator Manga Ends in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anneyuno1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:52 am Reply with quote
it's a shame, I liked the story better with accelerator as MC Crying or Very sad
OH&S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
This manga is among the worst material to come out of the entire Toaru Series (same category as the Ice Boats and the Silent Party Arc).

Accelerator being an edgy powerhouse wasn't what made him a compelling character; it was his gradual character development from an irredeemable monster to a genuine human/hero by the end of OT (Index III) and his bond with Last Order.

While the Necromancer Arc (covered by the anime) had its moments, it absolutely didn't need 7 manga volumes to tell its story. The follow-up Nectar Arc was a complete waste of time.

Good riddance to this manga.
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:50 pm Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:
This manga is among the worst material to come out of the entire Toaru Series (same category as the Ice Boats and the Silent Party Arc).

Accelerator being an edgy powerhouse wasn't what made him a compelling character; it was his gradual character development from an irredeemable monster to a genuine human/hero by the end of OT (Index III) and his bond with Last Order.

While the Necromancer Arc (covered by the anime) had its moments, it absolutely didn't need 7 manga volumes to tell its story. The follow-up Nectar Arc was a complete waste of time.

Thanks. You just saved me the time, effort, and money to track it down.

Accelerator IS one of my favorite characters, not just in the franchise but in anime/manga period. I was overall just left with a "meh" feeling about the anime, as you say, it had it's moments. I really want to see things progress past where we were left off at the end of Index III and not be inundated with all the side stories.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 am Reply with quote
OH&S wrote:

Yeah... Group of evil chefs is the worst art in the franchise. Even Silent Party is a lot better because that at least expands on the fates of some of the characters.

I also didn't really like that Accel seemed out of place for that point in the timeline. He seems more like end of Index 3 chill with an aversion to killing and not just woke up from the hospital Accel.

I think the whole thing was a big missed opportunity. Why have it take place during that point in the timeline in a city where threats are almost non existent unless you just have more magicians join in. It would have been more interesting to see Accel in the gap between OT and NT (or even early NT since there are some gaps where he isn't present) leaving the city and becoming more involved in magic side conflicts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1