• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Black-Owned Anime Studio D'Art Shtajio Animates The Weeknd's 'Snowchild' Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I had no idea there was a black anime studio. That's pretty cool! The song and music video is really good too.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Never knew black owned anime studio's were a thing. But putting that aside I REALLY enjoy the art style the used in the music video and I'm gonna check out the rest of their work!
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:00 pm Reply with quote
This animation style looks more like the Boondocks rather then Japanese Animation. The backgrounds are really well done though.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:53 am Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
This animation style looks more like the Boondocks rather then Japanese Animation. The backgrounds are really well done though.

There is no "rather than" here. The Boondocks already looks like anime. If something looks like The Boondocks TV show, it looks like anime.
-SP-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
icomeanon6 wrote:
-SP- wrote:

There is no "rather than" here. The Boondocks already looks like anime. If something looks like The Boondocks TV show, it looks like anime.

Not the character designs, it's more of a blend of American and Japanese animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1