• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Skeleton Knight in Another World

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Skeleton Knight in Another World, Volume 7

Came out digitally on the 20th of August.

Concludes the battle in the Kingdom of Nohzan, sets up the next main battle, and introduces another character that will probably be important going forward.

And the epilogue features a plot twist that we really didn't need, and one I don't really care for.

SPOILER
spoiler[There is another human player character in this world, and this world may be an illegally run virtually reality world, or a possibility we can't discount, a world like the one in 'Overlord'. I greatly hope it is the Overlord scenario, because at least the NPC's would be real people and not just AI code. I really don't want Ariane and Chiyome to be AI code.]

The novel seem to go by very fast, don't know if it was a shorter book, or I just blew through it. Most of the action happened in the beginning and the rest is just set-up. While the arena battle was okay, it didn't matter much.

I still liked reading the novel, still love the characters, just hope the revelation in the epilogue doesn't have greater meaning to the story.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:38 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

And the epilogue features a plot twist that we really didn't need, and one I don't really care for.

Volume 8 came out recently.

Luckily what I feared about the above didn't come to pass. spoiler[It was just what the evil Pontiff believed]

This volume concludes the main storyline. There a still a few fish to fry, and I saw Volume 9 out for pre-order.

An alliance to build and several battles to fight, this is the main gist of this novel. I devoured this volume and I want more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1