• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Rising of the Shield Hero Anime's 2nd Season Premieres in 2021

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Cool
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Not blaming you guys, but I feel like this isn't news. The anime was announced a year ago, and no new info had come out all year so it was obviously gonna be in 2021
Telu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, very cool.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:57 pm Reply with quote
So, the director changed from Takao Abo to Masato Jinbo and the show in now a collaboration by Kinema Citrus and DR. MOVIE (a Korean studio). Is this bad news or not?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the new director leads to more engaging action this season, last season had like three good scenes and a metric ton of terrible boring beamspam.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
The CR announcement also mentioned a 100pg art book available for pre-order on the CR site but for $40 seems a bit much. Since the article didn't mention, I thought someone here might want to know about this...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch it Very Happy!
DeceptiTom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Not blaming you guys, but I feel like this isn't news. The anime was announced a year ago, and no new info had come out all year so it was obviously gonna be in 2021

This is news because there is a Trailer and confirmation of 2021. 2021 wasnt confirmed until now.

Plus, again, TRAILER. This Trailer didn't exist online until today.
Speeny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Finished watching the first season yesterday and really enjoyed my time with it despite its flaws. Looking forward to this. Smile
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:00 am Reply with quote
#895229 wrote:
This is news because there is a Trailer and confirmation of 2021. 2021 wasnt confirmed until now.

Plus, again, TRAILER. This Trailer didn't exist online until today.

True, although honestly, the trailer shows basically nothing. It's all reflective on the first season and doesn't provide the slightest hint about upcoming events.

While far from one of my favorites, I did like the first season enough to have rewatched most of it. I will definitely be back for the continuation next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am Reply with quote
Turtle turtle
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:42 am Reply with quote
Finally, confirmation of at least the year it will be airing in. Was afraid they'd end up sitting in it for a few more years.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 am Reply with quote
Apparently the Light Novel and Web Novel branch off in some extreme ways from this season of the anime onwards.

Its gonna be interesting.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I have very conflicted feeling about this series. I loved the concept of it so much that I actually bought up to 13 of the LN series but after reading further and watching the anime which let me re-evaluate the series from the beginning... it has some really terrible low points.

I really should have read the novels as soon as I bought them and I likely wouldve stopped at a much lower number but I hate waiting to read what happens next. I had planned to binge read them when I had time but didn't think I'd grow to dislike it as much as I did.

I can only hope that the storytelling improves dramatically later on in the novel and anime series otherwise it feels like a failed investment.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
I have very conflicted feeling about this series. I loved the concept of it so much that I actually bought up to 13 of the LN series but after reading further and watching the anime which let me re-evaluate the series from the beginning... it has some really terrible low points.

I really should have read the novels as soon as I bought them and I likely wouldve stopped at a much lower number but I hate waiting to read what happens next. I had planned to binge read them when I had time but didn't think I'd grow to dislike it as much as I did.

I can only hope that the storytelling improves dramatically later on in the novel and anime series otherwise it feels like a failed investment.

you should try twelve kingdoms instead! It has a lot of similar plot points to Shield Hero but is much better-written.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2